Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 9:08:45 PM EDT
I was just curious if anybody knows what the legal number of rounds that you can have in a magazine now that the AWB has sunset.  If my memory serves me correctly it was under 10 at the time and I was just curious as if this has changed.  Thanks in advance.

Brett
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#1]
10 in the magazine.  Grandfathered in from the capacity of the 30-30 lever action tube fed magazine.

from the MDC regs for 2004:

"Prohibited weapons include full metal case projectiles, ammunition propelling more than one projectile at a single discharge and self-loading rifles having a capacity of more than 11 cartridges in magazine and chamber combined."

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:04:14 AM EDT
[#2]
How about a pistol as I intend to carry a .45 in case a deer gets too close for the scope.

Thank you,
Straitshot
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How about a pistol as I intend to carry a .45 in case a deer gets too close for the scope.

Thank you,
Straitshot

Same, 10+1.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup, he's right.  Another section from the 2004 Deer/Turkey Guide has more generic language, but essentially says the same:

Methods Allowed
- centerfire pistol, revolver or rifle using expanding-type bullets...
               (....and shotguns with slugs, muzzleloader, crossbow, archery)

and

Methods Prohibited (in use or in possession)
- self-loading firearms with capacity of more than 11 cartridges in magazine and chamber combined

I'm not familiar with the mag capacity of a .45, so I don't know if that'd put you over.  But you want to be legal in this as they can confiscate weapons, car and impose HUGE fines.

Permanently blocking an oversized mag is fine (just don't be carrying that extra 17 round mag in your backpack)

Hey, good luck!

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:57:54 AM EDT
[#5]
According to the MO Conservation webpage as long as it is not a semi auto there is no limit but a Semi auto is limited to 11 including a chambered round.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top