Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2006 10:36:56 AM EDT
i live in Illinois now "o pity me please " i really hate it here

used to go to mb all the time as a kid "grew up in va"

so my question is how is the job market in north or south Carolina??

i would love to get back that way...

my one little problem is ive been basically a professional firefighter all my

adult life and dont know how to do much else

well had a painting business on the side for 8 yrs.....

iam 38 now so doubt i could test any more..

i know i cant here...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I will talk to a fire chief buddy of mine and see what i can do for you op, as long as you jump on ventrillo and play some COD2!!!

Most of the smaller towns around here just have Volenteer fire departments, check on the internet, you may find the phone #'s for Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Raleigh, High Point, Wilmington, or Greensboro fire departments, they more than likly could hire you. Maybe some of the South Carolina guys can point you to some of the bigger towns in SC, all i know are Columbia, Myrtle Beach and Rock Hill (and you DEFINATLY dont want to go to Rock Hill!)
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#2]
DUDE YOU STALKIN ME LOL

man i want out of il so bad it hurts

thanks noremorse
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's a link to the State of NC Jobs postings.   There were some Firefighter jobs listed for the Charlotte Airport recently, but you can see all types of vacancies:

http://www.osp.state.nc.us/jobs/

Pinz
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm from Greenville, and I know that jobs are not to scarce up in Greenville & Spartanburg area.

Both cities or the surroundings are really nice places to live.  

Volunteer firefighting is alway avaible around Greenville at least, and I'm sure there are some slots open somewhere for professional firefighters.  Sorry, I don't have any contacts in those fields though.

www.sciway.net/jobs/greenville.html

Here is a link to some Greenville County Job stuff.  and I think the same site will get you to a lot of jobs in South Carolina in general.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:55:01 PM EDT
[#5]
There are jobs out the ying-yang here in the new construction/painting field....Columbia SC. As far as Firefighting, I'm sure you probably could volunteer somewhere locally, but as far as professionally, I know most of the local guys are paid professionals...they have to test every year I think.  Anyways, there always is someone looking for help in the construction trades....Good-Luck. If I had my choice again, I probably would try to settle back in Summerville or Charleston..it's nice to be near the ocean and so much history.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top