Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/21/2005 4:09:03 PM EDT
did the deal.

glock 19 is MINE! BWAHAHAHAH!!

I'll post picks of her and the new shotty a bit later.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:55:51 PM EDT
Hey good deal, can't wait to shoot it. I've been stewing over a Glock 35 or a Springfield XD for some time. Now what shotty was this?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:12:23 PM EDT
First the obligatory carpet pic:

a new winchester 1300 defender.

and the Glock 19:

and little Emily who seems to care less about it

They cost me exactly $0.00 cash out of pocket.

(I traded Paul at Boise gun my benelli auto for them.)
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:07:42 PM EDT
Nice!! Too bad you're going on vacation and cant give them a good testing. Thats awesome that you were able to trade one gun for two!! Is the Glock new also? Either way looks like you got some good guns.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:55:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jollyroger:
Nice!! Too bad you're going on vacation and cant give them a good testing. Thats awesome that you were able to trade one gun for two!! Is the Glock new also? Either way looks like you got some good guns.

tell me about it. I may have to take a late evening run out to the desert for a quick blast session before I go

the glock was actually on consignment (used). It has a born on date of mar. '04 which would put it in the ban but It came with 2 non leo marked 15rders it still has the factory lube under the slide, so I don't think there have been more than a few rounds through. (like new)

One of my qualifying reasons for passing on the benelli was the goose/duck hunter length barrel (which I never do) can be unruly...and 3 1/2 magnum shells are a little rough on upland game. It was reliable except for wallyworld target load stuff on cold mornings. The first shot or two would fail to cycle.

Shouldn't have that problem with a pump. Can't wait to swing it after some quails. Oh, and 8 shots come in handy
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:12:52 AM EDT
Yeah, but you need an auto shotgun to effectively compete in 3 gun competition. Not that any of us do that, just thought I'd throw a wrench in the works. Was your auto Benelli the camo shotgun you had out?

Concerning little Emily, if I remember correctly, she looked bored to tears at the gun show to.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:46:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Spiff:
Yeah, but you need an auto shotgun to effectively compete in 3 gun competition. Not that any of us do that, just thought I'd throw a wrench in the works. Was your auto Benelli the camo shotgun you had out?

Concerning little Emily, if I remember correctly, she looked bored to tears at the gun show to.

is AUTO in the rules? the use of the word effectively makes me think that the masters probably use one? I honestly think I would be quicker with this pump.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:45:51 PM EDT
No, I'm sure it's not in the rules. The only problem with a pump in such competition is that there is a time factor to. Shooters being equal, I'm sure the auto shotgun would be faster than a pump. But I was just teasing you.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:58:34 PM EDT
Auto is not in the rules. Most people can shoot a semi-auto shotgun faster than a pump. The very fastest can shoot a pump faster than a semi-auto... but not in competition. When the #1 guy in the country... if not world... uses semi-auto shotguns... they are most likely the way to go. :-)
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:51:30 PM EDT
This pump would be faster for me because...OK, I'll say it. The benelli is a $1000 shotgun with a thorn in its side, let me explain.

Rule #1 The gun must be loaded with the hammer cocked. So what, you say?

So what...here is the senario:

Identify target, BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! CLICK!... you shot yourself out of shells and pulled the trigger- you want to immediatly load shells and finish the job, right?

See rule #1 IE:

You must first cock the hammer by pulling back on the bolt and release it. you may then load the mag, re-rack to load out of the mag, or pull the bolt back and while the bolt is back load a shell through the ejection port and drop her home (as per beneli)

or, drop the bolt, load mag, rack bolt once more to load shell in chamber, room for 1 shell in mag.

OK, maybe just a thorn in my side cause I have occasionally shot myself out and then had to watch the birds fly away as I play fumble the shell, cause the carrier is locked down tight!

Unless it is already full, I want to be able to stick a shell in the gun at any point.

other than that it's a good gun

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:32:37 AM EDT
So was it the camo'ed shotgun you got rid of? The one you had out with us?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:26:20 PM EDT
Yup, that was the one.

BTW. I am gonna wait one more day before we bug out, which conveniently leaves my sat. am free
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:39:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/23/2005 3:39:37 PM EDT by Spiff]
Great, see you at 10. BTW, I think I saw your shotgun at Boise Gun Co. They had an $850 pirce tag on it. At least I think it was yours. Can't wait to shoot that Glock.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:17:51 PM EDT
Cool, glad you will be able to make it! :-)
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:09:33 PM EDT
My benelli would stick out cause it's a lefty....and don't they have to wait for 30 days to sell guns?

To check to see if they are reported stolen, ect.

[looks at time] BTW, I am changing my name to "insomniatic bandit"
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:18:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/23/2005 10:19:24 PM EDT by jollyroger]

Originally Posted By luckypunk

[looks at time] BTW, I am changing my name to "insomniatic bandit"

Yeah me too, except I was wanting to be "robots dont need to slumber" or "shuteye is for the weak"
Page Hometown » Utah
Top Top