Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2003 6:33:30 AM EDT
supervisor is randomly checking employees visits to the internet.    doesn't ar15 have an alternate address    and what is it?
dang, other than that this job would be paradise.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:46:00 AM EDT
[#1]
jobrelatedstuff - dang there are a few others. I cannot think of them right now.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:01:58 AM EDT
[#2]
another question for you young computer gurus.   if you   go to tools>internet options>delte history, delete cookies, delete whatever else,  can they still pull your history from the server?
(my guess would be yes) any way to cover your tracks?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 8:14:54 AM EDT
[#3]
If you go through a proxy, rather than dial-up, they can have a COMPLETE log. We are told that if something 'inappropriate' comes up to close the window immediately. They can see how long you are on each page. How to cover your tracks? Become best friends with the internet admin. Take him(her) doughnuts or shooting. An alternate way to connect is an option. See text above.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:26:11 PM EDT
[#4]
If they're checking via network software, you're SOL if you surf at work.  

If you just want to keep your machine 'cleaned up', first never read anything posted by soulzero or the reject, then look at:

downloads-zdnet.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=window+washer&tg=dl-2001

...Webroot's Window Washer works well, but they want $40/yr...

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:10:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you just want to keep your machine 'cleaned up', first never read anything posted by soulzero or the reject

Yeah, that's about right.

Wait a minute...
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:51:35 AM EDT
[#6]
OK i looked at the window washer page.  all this will do is clean the files on your desktop right?     where i work i am all over the facility and can log onto any computer with a log-in name they gave me.    my history still goes to the main server right?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:58:29 AM EDT
[#7]
If you can logon all over the place, just get the boss' logon and have at it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top