Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 11:37:45 AM EDT
Hey guy's

I usually shoot at the rifle range in Huntington but there rules suck!  Then I heard about the rifle range out in calverton and I heard it was much more enjoyable.  I never been there before and I was wondering if some of you guy's could give me a little information about.  If possible a phone number would be nice too.

Thanks...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Exit 71 off the L.I.E., make a right turn at the stopsign, go about 2-3 tenths of a mile,
look for sign on the gate on the right, turn in.
See tacked thread above "Balzac72's Fall BBQ Shoot OCT 8".
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks...  curious though are you allowed to have high cap mags there and load them to the max? also can you rapid fire?  How much is it?... Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks...  curious though are you allowed to have high cap mags there and load them to the max? also can you rapid fire?  How much is it?... Thanks!!!

No rapid fire but you can load your high cap mags to the max!  I think that it is still $10 for the day at the rifle and pistol range.  The shotgun pit is $15.  If my numbers are wrong, I am sure that you will get the proper info shortly.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks...  I usually bring 2 guns with me to rifle ranges...  My semi 30-06 for power and my AK47 for fun...  Once again thanks for all the info!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:39:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I have to come to like Ridge at Brookhaven over Calverton I think it has a nicer setup
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have to come to like Ridge at Brookhaven over Calverton I think it has a nicer setup

Nicer setup, lamer rules.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Brookhaven is better than C-ton for shooting scoped high power or breaking clays.

C-ton wins by far on semi auto rifle, pistol and defensive shotgun.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:15:12 AM EDT
[#8]
How late are they open till on weekends???
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How late are they open till on weekends???

5PM.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:17:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Does anybody remember the 'old' Calverton?  When it was $3 to get in.  You could go back into the pits and shoot what ever you wanted as long as you cleaned it up.  I remember in the fall stopping for pumpkins on the way and blasting them.  Also getting rid of a few old tv sets there.  The only thing that used to piss the old guy off was someone shot up his 55 gallon garbage drums which we never did.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the website!!!  BIG help.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Do you think they would let you shoot pumpkins this weekend?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Last time i was there he said he didnt care if you shot small junk. Just clean it up. His only thing against pumpkins was the fact it attracts animals and bugs. I dont really get what damage animals and bugs can do out there lol. The old crazy lady is more of ball buster.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top