Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 12/6/2005 4:29:52 PM EDT
Has anybody been to it yet? Where is it at?
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#1]
+1

I have some Japanese co-workers that I've already corrupted with shotguns, and now want evil black rifles and handguns.

Word is this place rents class III, but I cannot confirm.  It would be sweet to get some of the Nippon guys some trigger time on that.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#2]

The range is named Lonaugher, I believe.  Stopped there about a month ago. Nice selection of rifles and pistols.  Lane rent is 15.00 for an hour. I don't know whether they rent class III, but looked to have a good selection of rental guns. Range looked to be a nice facility. It is on Leffel Lane just off I-70, in front of the holiday inn.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 1:19:41 AM EDT
[#3]
The wife and I will be going next week. I have not been yet but they allow rifle and pistol (50 yard max) and I think bow. Would like to hear form someone that has been.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:23:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Lauhorner's

They have a big sign on 70, at S.R. 72 (Cedarville) exit.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 5:35:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Anybody tried the simulator yet?
That sounds like fun.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:48:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok guys i guess i'll inform you on whats up. I've been, about 5-6 times now. The range is 75ft max.... there are 12+ lanes. The live fire simulator is awesome, i got to see it in action because i was doing some info for law enforcement use ect. They allow calibers up to and including 50cal, you can bring your own ammo but the range instructor has to OK it. They do not rent Class III that i am aware of, they do however rent semi auto MP5's and evil black rifles for around 15$ an hour i believe, range time is 15$ an hour and a yearly membership is 149$ a year with respective discounts to LE and EX MIL along with family discounts(2+). They do allow class III to shoot cuz i watched a guy with a uzi have some fun a while back. Simulator fee i believe is 25$ an hour but you have to be a member to use it. Any other questions you guys have i'll try to answer at home because thats where the rest of my info is.

- Ross
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, thanks for the info.  
Is the simulator something that you can walk in and pay and do?  Or is there a wait, or reservations or something?  Can you shoot the simulator with a FA gun?  Oh, that would be fun.
I want to drive up, pay my money, and shoot the simulator with my Uzi.  Can it be so?  Say yes.
If not, can I at least drive up, pay, and shoot the simulator with a handgun?  
I have to go check it out either way.  

You say you can shoot up to .50?  Is that .50 BMG?  

How about a nice traffic stop gone bad scenario on the simulator, and you destroy the bad guy and his car with some FA fire from a Ma Deuce?  Ok, maybe that's a little over the top.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:00:53 AM EDT
[#8]
.50 cal means pistol cailbers.  30.06 is the biggest rifle they will let you shoot.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Ive been there quite a bit, myself.  Watched as they built the place.  One of the owners told me that you need a CC permit or be LE to use the simulator.  And if you become a member, they have certain hours during the week when you can shoot free. ( with your  own ammo, of course).   They have alot of different scenarios.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
One of the owners told me that you need a CC permit or be LE to use the simulator

It's his place to do as he sees fit.  But one has to be a serious DA to restrict such a money maker.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll bet the issue is "training criminals" on their end. They just want to know that the people who train with their equipment are not thugs or terrorists. (Get your CCL and don't worry about it, you should get it anyway.)
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ok, thanks for the info.  
Is the simulator something that you can walk in and pay and do?  Or is there a wait, or reservations or something?  Can you shoot the simulator with a FA gun?  Oh, that would be fun.
I want to drive up, pay my money, and shoot the simulator with my Uzi.  Can it be so?  Say yes.
If not, can I at least drive up, pay, and shoot the simulator with a handgun?  
I have to go check it out either way.  

You say you can shoot up to .50?  Is that .50 BMG?  

How about a nice traffic stop gone bad scenario on the simulator, and you destroy the bad guy and his car with some FA fire from a Ma Deuce?  Ok, maybe that's a little over the top.  

You have to be a member or have something previously arranged to do the simulator and the guy said it has like over 600 diff scenarios for police and other things, domestics turned bad, traffic stops turned bad ect. I don't think you can go full auto in the simulator, because it has a special rubber background that you shoot into, the rubber background tracks where your bullets are going and the guy said it's quite expensive to replace the background. MOSINM44 was correct sorry i should have specified. 30-06 is the biggest rifle, .50 is biggest and they do allow shotguns but only with slugs.

- Ross
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:31:16 PM EDT
[#13]
The simulator is in a regular type classroom/mtg room. You have to use their play weapons, not the real thing.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#14]
It's a live fire simulator....
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I went there for the first time today and got some trigger time on my Glock and M1A.  The staff seemed like pretty decent guys.  I thought a buck for a full size human target was a bit much, but I can't remember how much the other places charge, so I might be out of line here.  

The first time you use the range you have to sit through a 10 minute NRA safety video.  After that, they give you a card for next time.  The video was...ok, I guess.  Those of us with past military or LE experience will find it a bit tedious, but it handles the basic safety stuff, and is probably for liability protection.  For those of us who live in Dayton, its nice to have a place closer than New Albany to shoot indoors. No complaints here.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#16]
The simulator is definitely live fire, Ive seen the holes in the wall.  There is a rubber like wall in front of the trap.  When the bullet passes through the rubber wall, a thermal device mounted from the ceiling picks up the heat signature from the friction of the bullet passing through the wall.  It can then pinpoint where your shot hit.  From what Ive heard its the only simulator of its kind available to civilians in the whole country.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:55:43 AM EDT
[#17]
nice range.  interior is really nice.  nice and comfy...just like home.  been there a few times now.  sighted in my new mak-90 there a few weeks ago.  it sure beats driving from Vandalia to target world in cincy. (which you cant shoot rifles at)
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top