Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2003 12:42:27 PM EDT
Hey all, I've got a bunch of cheap wolf ammo for a MAK90 that I was looking to burn up, does anyone know if there is an indoor range that will let me shoot it around the Metro?
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 2:25:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Not an indoor range around the metro...  It's wolf, so it is likely that it's their Bimetal jacketed bullets, and thus no indoor ranges in the metro area will let you shoot it indoors.  Kind of sucks, huh?

If it passes the magnet test though, it'll be allowed at Armored Fire, but all the Wolf in 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 that I've seen doesn't pass the magnet test.  Those calibers in Wolf use the bimetal jacketed bullets.  Whereas SOME Wolf 223/5.56 has 100% copper jacketed, though it costs more than their bimetal 223.  Best of luck in finding a place that will allow it!
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 2:38:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Armored fire is were i go, I thought you couldnt use it there untill a month ago, now i use it there all the time.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 4:49:05 PM EDT
[#3]
You can use Bimetal jacketed bullets at Armored Fire now???  I'm confused.  When did they start that?  Did the get a new back stop?  
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:12:36 AM EDT
[#4]
ok, so it looks like indoors is no good, does anyone have any recommendations for an outdoor range that is easy going, open to the public,  and around the metro?  thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top