Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2008 4:43:05 PM EDT
alabama resident here.  attending training in houston and looking for gun/tactical stores to shop.  will be here until end of month.  may try tto pick up an ar or GSG5 if i can find one.  tell me where the good stuff is!!!. already found the bass pro in katy, and the academy off of beltway 8. thanks.
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#1]
What part of Houston?
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#2]
There's Fountain Firearms, Jim Pruett's Guns and Ammo, Collectors Firearms , SOG Armory and Texas Tactical Gear for starters.

Texas Tactical may be the farthest from you, but will likely offer the best prices and advice. SOG is unrealistcally expensive, but if you're taking the Beltway to Texas Tactical from the west side, you could stop off for a look. Collectors Firearms has similarly unworldly prices, but it's definitely worth a look for any firearms enthusiast just for its variety of weapons and gear (need a genuine Prussian helmet?). Don't even bother with Carter's Country.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 4:26:11 AM EDT
[#3]
big +1 for Collectors Firearms...  great place to LOOK!
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 7:03:24 AM EDT
[#4]
There are some decent places to look for firearms, but not to buy. For that you need to visit one of our larger shows to find any remote deals, although handgun prices at shows are always priced right. When I moved to Houston a few years ago, I thought I was moving to Gun store heaven, rather I found out that Gun shows are where its at and I dont even bother going to stores anymore.

I graduated from Bama and used to go to the big Birmingham show once a year, as I remember that show was full of hunting stuff and C and R rifles.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 5:24:12 PM EDT
[#5]
channelview area. here until at least next friday. very little free time on weekends, usually a few hours sunday, and maybe the better part of next friday. depending.......

also looking to get a couple lowers.  any around here? big city and all.....
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone know of any good Class III dealers in the Houston area?

Good times,
Blake
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Good times,
Blake

www.talonarms.com
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
channelview area. here until at least next friday. very little free time on weekends, usually a few hours sunday, and maybe the better part of next friday. depending.......

also looking to get a couple lowers.  any around here? big city and all.....

Jen over at Texas Tactical Gear has stripped lowers.

Link Posted: 4/15/2008 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Good times,
Blake

Texas Tactical also has some  suppressors in stock.

See above link.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Tomball Pawn is worth the drive. I've paid less for guns there than any other place I've been to in Houston.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top