Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 9/17/2009 11:44:23 AM EST
Im from NJ and i go to school out at WVU and im trying to pick up a new rifle. I realy dont want to have to drive all the way back to NJ to get it. So will a PA gun shop be able to sell me a long gun without having to transfer it thru a NJ ffl?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:18:55 PM EST
Yes....You will still need a NJ FID card, and fill out a NJ certificate of eligibility , which can be down loaded. You can buy a long gun or shotgun, the PA FFL will do a background check, which costs less than the NJ background check,and if you arent a felon or other prohibited person, you can take your new gun home with you right then and there. Handguns still have to go through a NJ FFL..
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:38:36 AM EST
It can't be a long gun that would be illegal to posses in NJ, and definitely call first to establish that the dealer you intend to use understands that this is absolutely fine. There are some that incorrectly believe that they cannot do so.


Top Top