Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2010 4:23:46 PM EDT
already watched 3 car slide sideways down the hill....lots of fun.

hopeeveryone out there is ok...
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 4:35:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I got the same story from my side of town.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 4:36:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Drove home from Powder Springs to the Newnan area this evening - every single bridge, without exception, had slippery ice patches on it.  Lots of accidents on the roads, and lots of near-misses.  It's a night to stay inside, for sure.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 4:39:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I was thinking busted pipes .....or Bourbon

wrong on both guesses

glad u ain't in it
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I almost killed myself stepping out on the front porch
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 4:49:31 PM EDT
[#5]
oh please! please! please! cancel school tomorrow!!!!!

I need a day off from work!
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 4:57:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
...or Bourbon

not a bad idea...
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Ugh......I really really REALLY was about to get in the car and get a Big Mac.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Just drove from Dawsonville to Gainesville.  One uphill tire spin, and one downhill slip-n-slide.  On the plus side, all of the dangerous areas were conveniently marked by a set of headlights shining up into the sky.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I have now 3 cars IN my yard, and 5 cars in front of it.

you would have thought the bright orange cones and the orange tape I put out at the top of the hill would have been a clue.  all it did was cause the teenager chic to swerve around it at about 40mph....

freaking redicilous, went out to see if she was ok and she was bawling her eyes out.  she said she didn't think it was going to be icy....
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

you would have thought the bright orange cones and the orange tape I put out at the top of the hill would have been a clue.  all it did was cause the teenager chic to swerve around it at about 40mph....

freaking redicilous, went out to see if she was ok and she was bawling her eyes out.  she said she didn't think it was going to be icy....

at least she is still alive to one day recount the wisdom she acquired while sitting in your ditch (not sure which smiley is appropriate)
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

take her inside and bang her. then she'll stop bawling....

assuming shes legal
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

assuming shes legal

His wife would beat the shit out of him.

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

assuming shes legal

ahhhhh....JUST kiddddding
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#14]
It took me an almost two hours to get from Hwy 92 Woodstock to my house in Holly Springs. Freakin idiots out there.

I slid down the hill just before my driveway and was spinning the tires of the Freightliner going up my driveway. I don't think I will be able to get back out now or in the morning. My neighbor asked me to help her daughter get down the hill, I told her to park at the top of the hill and walk. Much safer than sliding into the ditch.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Gotta make it from Carrollton back to home in Dallas from work. But have the option of pulling a double and get off at seven and not have to work tomorrow. Decisions, decisions.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

assuming shes legal

yes she would, and not worth it for a piece of strange.

add another car to the total number.......just now. why will people DRIVE AROUND the safety cone?  not to mention this isn't a new thing, this happens EVERY year!
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
add another car to the total number.......just now. why will people DRIVE AROUND the safety cone?  not to mention this isn't a new thing, this happens EVERY year!

At the Circle 75 bridge, people were driving over burning road flares. I thought everyone knew that it meant the road was closed. Dumb, dumb, dumb people in this town!

Accountant
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#18]
The back roads up here in dahlonega are rough. Just had to walk/fall  the last bit home.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#19]
So No Shit.....

After making it home [Hwy 400->136->Hwy9] and getting good and settled the wife calls. Someone spun out behind her and hit her. Fender Bender, broken taillight, no one hurt. The kicker was it was a state rental vehicle. So I drive back out there to 136 and we wait on Dawson Co. And wait. and wait.....

So after three effing hours they tell us to just exchange information and that the county isn't even doing accident reports, to come by the office in the morning. No shit, we could have done that at 8:00 when the wreck happened. It's no big deal that they never came out, whatever- I don't want cops getting hurt on the roads either but wasting three hours in the cold has me super pissed off.

Damn I hate it around here sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Took me 2 hours to get back to Paulding from the airport.
Saw a few nasty wrecks on 278 through College Park and Powder Springs .  Almost become one myself 3 times going a whopping 25mph.
Couldn't even get all the way down the driveway and into the garage when I got here.

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 7:35:12 PM EDT
[#21]
I left work (Thornton Rd and I-20) at 6:10 and didn;t make it to Cumming until after 8:30.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#22]
That would have put the finishing touches on your fantastic day new4john.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No kidding.  Summary of my day =  

Be safe...hopefully some of you can sleep in tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding.  Summary of my day =  

Be safe...hopefully some of you can sleep in tomorrow.

I don't think they would have been so hard on you if they were 127 +P+ Rangers.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#25]
It's supposed to clear up overnight, I'll see what my driveway looks like.  I hit a few slippery spots (like my driveway, always fun getting a running start and then sliding up it :-) ), but I was taking it slow and easy, don't think I got over 3rd gear all evening coming home.  Saw the remains of several accidents and I-575 was pretty much stopped when I crossed over the Chastain overpass.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#26]
I haven't seen any ice up here in Jefferson. I drove to the gym and back. Nothing. It was frozen on my car, but thats it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 10:55:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 12/16/2010 5:44:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Saw 3 wrecked cars on the side of the road this morning driving to Tech.
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 6:33:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Hehe Fulton Co called school today. Got the call at 4:30 and went right back to bed
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 7:19:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Took me about hour and a half to get home from work last night. There were some very hairy spots heading up 101 from Villa Rica. One thing I do not understand is if I am running 45 making my way down the road at a decent pace why is that some jackass in a new style silverado has to ride my bumper?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top