Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 5:44:00 PM EDT
from South Carolina through Alabama and Mississippi and i just wanted to know if it is legal to carry my
handgun in the car with me.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as it isn't concealed and you have a SC pistol permit I think you should be straight. As for the states that are in relation with SC law and allow it to be concealed a list can be found here:
http://www.sled.sc.gov/Reciprocity1.aspx?MenuID=CWP

Now, by all means I'm no expert nor am i 100% sure on this situation, but that's what I gathered by reading that. (Consider other peoples posts before you do mine.)
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:17:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Youre good in Mississippi.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:56:22 AM EDT
[#3]
you will find the culture & attitude very similar to SOUTH Carolina...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:10:01 AM EDT
[#4]
no reciprocity between SC and AL.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:23:38 AM EDT
[#5]
what JJ said, you need to be unloaded, cased and locked or cased and in the trunk in AL, SC will not enter into reciprocity with AL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top