Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2003 6:50:23 PM EDT
our tentative plans are to start our trip about the first of july. should take 4-5 days to get there from kentucky. we will be looking for a house in the lacey area. i hope y'all are going to have a shoot sometime in august.

do 4 wheelers have to be licensed up there? i'm going to be bringing 4, actually they are 3 wheelers.

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:55:35 AM EDT
[#1]
k,

When I moved out here from ohio, I was towing a trailer with a car on it. I had planned on coming across 'the top', but after consulting a few over the road drivers, I came across the middle thru Salt Lake & up...

800 miles the first day, 900 the second, rolled into Seattle the 3rd day at 2100, 1000 miles that day.

Best stop of the trip-Cabelas in Nebraska. Guns & ammo..hell they had cases of OO Buck for 35 bucks. I STILL wish I had bought more!

Good luck and I dont know shit about ATV laws...But THIS should help you out a little....

Good luck and keep us posted.

Edited to add- Also check here.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:46:09 AM EDT
[#2]
i have always taken the high road. across the top. was thinkg about going through the middle this time though. i'm going to have a small convoy, a saturn, ranger pulling a small trailer with 3 wheelers/boat, and my scout pulling the uhaul trailer. hope the scout doesn't break down
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:53:36 AM EDT
[#3]
When I moved to Seattle from MI the first week of Novemebr in 1998 I came "across the top" as CavVet put it.

I was driving the Ryder truck which was pulling my car behind it, and my girlfriend of the time (and the one who caused me to move) was driving her 1974 Oldsmobile.  She didn't report any problems getting up the mountains to me.  There were a few times that the Ryder truck was really straining to get up the mountains though.

We left MI on Monday night and were in Seattle Friday about noon, we took a very slow trip.

Across the top has some great scenery.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:47:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Kooter, ATVs have to be liscensed if you going off your own land, I think its $20 per bike. Lacey is a nice area and there are a few places to ride within a half hour. Also there are 4 gun clubs within about a half hour or so.
Steve
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:05:53 PM EDT
[#5]
the problem with licensing them is that i don't have a title for any of them. i've bought them from a couple of different people over the years, and none had the titles. if i have to license them then there is no point of bringing them with me.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I've taken I-90 and I-94 to drive out here. I think next time I have to make the drive, I might just take I-80 via California, just for a change of pace :)

Not sure about the ATV licensing. IIRC back in the day, ATV's weren't titled, but were just sold with a bill of sale. Perhaps they can just check the serial numbers to verify it's not stolen and issue the license. Hope someone can answer more specifically.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#7]
i can get a bill of sale.

i think i may have found a way. a buddy of mine is going to california. he said he'd haul the scout there and i can pick it up at his fathers place. i can get a ryder and tow the saturn, then tow the 3 wheelers with the ranger.

worst case scenario is that i leave the scout and 3 wheelers here, and come get them next summer maybe.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:58:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
the problem with licensing them is that i don't have a title for any of them. i've bought them from a couple of different people over the years, and none had the titles. if i have to license them then there is no point of bringing them with me.

If I were you I would just unload them down there.

Times are tight up here and more layoffs are coming at Boeing.  Every year at Christmas time people are unloading quad runners and the like real cheap to try and pay for their kids Xmas presents.  It's going to be a real buyer's market this year.

And it's one less thing to have to drag along with you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top