Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2014 2:24:05 PM EDT

"(3) "Action of the weapon" means the part of the firearm that loads, fires and ejects a cartridge, which part includes, but is not limited to, the upper and lower receiver, charging handle, forward assist, magazine release and shell deflector;

(4) "Detachable magazine" means an ammunition feeding device that can be removed without disassembling the firearm action;"
"[(3)] (E) Any semiautomatic firearm [not listed in subdivision (1) of this subsection] regardless of whether such firearm is listed in subparagraphs (A) to (D), inclusive, of this subdivision, and regardless of the date such firearm was produced, that meets the following criteria:

[(A)] (i) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least [two] one of the following:

[(i)] (I) A folding or telescoping stock;

[(ii) A] (II) Any grip of the weapon, including a pistol grip, [that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon] a thumbhole stock, or any other stock, the use of which would allow an individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing;

[(iii)] (III) A [bayonet mount] forward pistol grip;

[(iv)] (IV) A flash suppressor; or [threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and]

[(v)] (V) A grenade launcher or flare launcher; or

(ii) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the ability to accept more than ten rounds; or

(iii) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than thirty inches; or"

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3901
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSCVoFqVdJc
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Missing something in that link.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
i edited it for the links to work.. maybe you got the original..but the links do work.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#3]
With or without pinned mag I think technically you would be creating an AR type Assault weapon. If it were that easy every gun shop in CT would be selling AR's with bullet buttons or mag locks.

edit: Here is the line of the law that is relevant.

"Rifles. The bill expands the banned weapons to include the following semiautomatic centerfire rifles, or copies or duplicates with the capability of any such rifles, that were in production before or on the effective date of the bill........."
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Edited
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
if i added this to my stag 22 ct complaint model 3, and replaced parts to be able to shoot centerfire 5.56/.223 round, semiauto, how would the law pan out?
View Quote

We have an earlier thread where the AR MR2 is discussed. I would suggest reading that for more information on how such a product may be a no go here in CT under the new laws.

The problem is you are creating an "assault weapon" post 4/4/13 the minute you turn the unregistered Stag .22LR lower into a centerfire semiautomatic rifle. The AR-15 is banned by name. In addition the Stag .22LR has several parts removed or replaced (supposedly the gas tube is removed and buffer tube is blocked or modified) so one cannot simply stick a centerfire upper and or use a centerfire BCG and have it fire normally.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Buffer tube has aluminum piece of round stock in it.  , gas tube is there, 22 cmmg bcg.  I had not seen the thread that was previously discussed.   I want to be a law abiding citizen and follow the rules so that's why I asked this question seeing I can get around it. And it's not an stag-15.  Lower says stag 22. No where on it is ar15, as well as it wouldn't be an assault rifle since it has no detatchable magazine anymore, and it does not have a fixed magazine of 10+rounds.  So all that said, I don't see how this would be illegal. Unless it falls under the "assembling" part of the law?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#7]
The rifle is banned by action as well. Upper and lower receiver. The only way this would fly if the mag was permanently attached to the lower
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buffer tube has aluminum piece of round stock in it.  , gas tube is there, 22 cmmg bcg.  I had not seen the thread that was previously discussed.   I want to be a law abiding citizen and follow the rules so that's why I asked this question seeing I can get around it. And it's not an stag-15.  Lower says stag 22. No where on it is ar15, as well as it wouldn't be an assault rifle since it has no detatchable magazine anymore, and it does not have a fixed magazine of 10+rounds.  So all that said, I don't see how this would be illegal. Unless it falls under the "assembling" part of the law?
View Quote

Doesn't matter what is marked on the lower. It's still an ar lower. The law bans all features of a center fire ar
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Got it. Thank you.
Now how do you delete this thread, no sense of having duplicates
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Speak for yourself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top