Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
9/16/2019 10:09:13 PM
Posted: 6/15/2014 10:06:24 PM EDT
i recently moved to north plains from a tiny town in the middle of bum fuck nowhere on the southern oregon coast, and i have a question.

in the greater portland area are there any bs gun laws that aren't disregarded by having a valid oregon chl?
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 11:20:36 PM EDT
You can legally open carry anywhere that you can concealed carry by holding a permit, but that's about it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:09:46 AM EDT
CHL trumps all BS city/county ordinances. So just follow the laws applicable to chl carry and yer good to go.

By chance you aren't a red headed, former marine corps vet who talked to me outside a Plaid Pantry in Hillsboro are you?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:55:37 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SMPrider112:

By chance you aren't a red headed, former marine corps vet who talked to me outside a Plaid Pantry in Hillsboro are you?
View Quote

nope, brown hair, an the marines disqualified me when they found out i was nightblind.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:48:06 AM EDT
http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=290

Oregon is a traditional open carry state. However, their preemption statute only covers concealed handgun license holders from city or county passed bans against loaded firearms in public places. To our knowledge, only the cities of Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Oregon City, Salem, and Independence have passed loaded firearms bans encompassing all public places, and other cities have passed bans specific to Parks. Also, all “public buildings” are also off limits throughout the entire state unless you have a concealed handgun license.

I use to have an office in Coquille and work most of the southern coast.
Top Top