Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2005 6:58:13 PM EDT
I have rtfm, but it is late and the damn laws here are too confusing.

If I purchase an over the counter deer or elk tag, I can go deer or elk hunting in the general deer or elk seasons, right?

I only have to send in an application and get drawn (due date was in july) for "special" hunt seasons, right?

Basically, I want to go hunting, but missed the application period.  I am checking to see if I am reading the rules right.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have rtfm, but it is late and the damn laws here are too confusing.

If I purchase an over the counter deer or elk tag, I can go deer or elk hunting in the general deer or elk seasons, right?

I only have to send in an application and get drawn (due date was in july) for "special" hunt seasons, right?

Basically, I want to go hunting, but missed the application period.  I am checking to see if I am reading the rules right.

As I have always understood it (NOT a game warden so take at face value) a over the counter tag will allow you to hunt the general seasons and areas specified in the hunters regs for that year as general openings. Drawing a tag will allow you to hunt pre specified special parcels and dates of openings hence the draw so yes you do have it right as far as I can tell. The reg book will tell you all of this stuff and also what is legal to take in each area of the general opening as they can vary from place to place. It also has all the boundry lines in there too.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  Yeah, I'm reading the regs.  Just looking for common sense interpretations.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top