Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 5:15:14 PM EDT
How do I take one of these apart?  I want to remove the buffer tube, but thought I would ask before I tore it up.

I tried a search, but didn't find anything.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#1]
if you just want to remove the buffer tube, get one of the tube wrenches, unscrew the little snug ring next to the reciever, then unscrew the tube outta the receiver, oh if its factory, some are loctited in and you'll have to use a band wrench to twist it out.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#2]
?????
The tube doesn't spin.  It's a 4 position stock.  I think the lever at the bottom that allows you to slide the stock back and forth must be removed first??

I don't know.  If all else fails, I'll use my sledge-o-matic on it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
?????
The tube doesn't spin.  It's a 4 position stock.  I think the lever at the bottom that allows you to slide the stock back and forth must be removed first??

I don't know.  If all else fails, I'll use my sledge-o-matic on it.

have you removed the snug ring that up against the receiver, look where the tube screws into the reciever, you'll see the little ring with 4 slots and holes evenly spaced on it, that must be loosened then the tube will screw outta the reciever, its a one piece deal that the stock slides on.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I've already removed it from the lower receiver.  Now I want to take the tube out of the stock.  The tube doesn't spin out of the stock.  I'm assuming the lever at the bottom must be removed to take it off.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've already removed it from the lower receiver.  Now I want to take the tube out of the stock.  The tube doesn't spin out of the stock.  I'm assuming the lever at the bottom must be removed to take it off.

OOOOKKKKKKKK! I see the light, yeah man, you knock the roll pin out, pull the lever and rod out and the stock should slide right off.

IM acman, I think he's taken his apart to paint it recently, he might have a pic of how to do it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#6]
get  a hold of the whole lever that you push to adjust the stock pull down then it will slide right off the stock
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#7]
just a side not if you want to take the slop ofut of a car stock cook it in the oven at 225
for 1 1/2 hrs  it will be tight......... ask me how i know
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#8]
If you hold the latch open all the way, you should be able to slide the stock body off the tube.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#9]
one more thing doc if you ever need to know anything about taking apart an ar or putting one back together the build it yourself section theirs a tacked thread that has damn near everything in it......
not sure if this is their or not....... but "most "stuff is

don't get me wrong i always like to help but sometimes i aint around it was soprano time man

besides i'm a hack compared to most of the guys around hear .........

only nden would recomend getting advice from me
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
get  a hold of the whole lever that you push to adjust the stock pull down then it will slide right off the stock

That did it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:34:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That did it.

Thanks

no shit!, I been doing it the hard way all these years, guess thats why I just went with the entry stock this last time, I got tired of the rattley assed stocks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That did it.

Thanks

no shit!, I been doing it the hard way all these years, guess thats why I just went with the entry stock this last time, I got tired of the rattley assed stocks.

cook the colabsable stocks it will take out the ratle ...... how long is the entry stock measured  from the receiver??? and what type rra?? i've been thinking about getting one
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
how long is the entry stock measured  from the receiver??? and what type rra?? i've been thinking about getting one

its the same length as an collapseable fully closed, I don't know what brand it is.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
how long is the entry stock measured  from the receiver??? and what type rra?? i've been thinking about getting one

its the same length as an collapseable fully closed, I don't know what brand it is.

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/ndenway/SAMS%20AK/000_0200.jpg

thanks man......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top