Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
10/30/2020 2:42:12 PM
Posted: 12/27/2003 3:23:10 PM EDT
I am just wondering I hear some people say all handguns must be registered. But then I saw a book that said old guns aren't required to be registered as long as they were here before 89.

so lets say you are pulled over and have a pistol does the officer run for the registration?

One time my friend was CCWing and we got in a traffic accident the cop saw my buddies gun and took it from him, he later saw my friend had a CCW but before he returned it he ran the numbers?

oh and are Assault weapons in the same reg database as handguns?
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:38:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mike45acp:

2)

so lets say you are pulled over and have a pistol does the officer run for the registration?

3)

oh and are Assault weapons in the same reg database as handguns?

2) Yes they do.

3) I don't know if they are in the same database, but they can run them just as easy. My friend and I had ours ran when we were out camping, and the info came back in less than a minute. ( try not to lite it up at 2:00am, even in national forest )

KZ
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:42:17 PM EDT
I was wondering the same thing. I wonder how it actually does work when a deputy runs your weapons serial #'s. I imagine CA has their own registry for CA assault weapons but what of pistols and shotguns? Is there a national check for stolen weapons and how does that work?

My CA registered AK was "lost" by a shipper. I'm hoping it gets recovered one day.

Link Posted: 12/28/2003 6:49:14 PM EDT
The AW database is on the same system the Sexual offender DB is.  Scary what could happen there.  

the police can see your AW reg'd numbers to check.  So I'd guess they are accessible, but maybe not the exact same db.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:56:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 10:28:09 PM EDT
Zank you. Zat is what zvi vanted zu hear.
Top Top