Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2003 2:52:45 PM EDT
they look fun and I want a ar15. Plus I want a accurate rifle for target shooting.

so are they reliable accurate and fun?

I live in San Diego so if anyone wants to sell one maybe we can work something out???
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep except for the top loading part, it's a real hassle
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#2]
so how much will it set me back?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to the local gun shops.

Try SoCalGun, Turner's, and American Shooting Center in Kearny Mesa.

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
so are they reliable accurate and fun?

so how much will it set me back?

the lower cost me $300 at Trader Sports (San Leandro - closer to Oregon than San Diego!)

The full firearm ran me about $1,100, but mostly because I bought a Bushmaster upper/barrel assembly instead of going a cheaper route... I wanted to go with a big, reliable name brand on my first rifle. I'll consider other brands on my future rifles.

I had problems with the magazine holding 10 rounds and closing the upper and pulling the charging handle - the problem was fixed by drilling ou the pop rivet, and replacing it with a shorter pop rivet. I guess you could also grind down the front leg on the follower.

One thing I would like to do in the futire, is to put a fascade magazine under the closed off magwell... give it that "real AR" look... could be cool...

-Lee
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top