Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2009 4:03:53 PM EDT
is hornady critical defense ammo legal in NJ.  I had a retired cop in my office today who said this stuff was the ballistic equivelent of hollow point ammunition but was legal in NJ.  Anyone have anything further???
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Perfectly legal in NJ.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Just don't use it in the commission of a crime. Me thinks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#3]
All hollow points are legal to own and use. Just don't commit any crimes with them or you'll face additional charges.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:41:28 AM EDT
[#4]
The interesting question with the Critical Defense ammo is whether or not it's considered a hollow point (not from a legality point of view since we've already established HPs are fine in NJ).  Does the red plastic thing in the tip of the bullet basically make it not a hollow point?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The interesting question with the Critical Defense ammo is whether or not it's considered a hollow point (not from a legality point of view since we've already established HPs are fine in NJ).  Does the red plastic thing in the tip of the bullet basically make it not a hollow point?

No.

ETA: I though we were taking about TAP. Oops.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I was told that the A/G made a determination that it is not a hollow point but wanted to ck w/the braintrust here.....
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was told that the A/G made a determination that it is not a hollow point but wanted to ck w/the braintrust here.....

On the box in says loaded with FTX bullet insted of JHP, but because of a piece of rubber in the center its not a hollow point ? might want that in written clarification for legal carrying purposes.. would not want a jury of my PRNJ or NY "peers" deciding for me. just my  2 cents

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#8]
It ain't hollow if it's filled with rubber.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:19:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless the AG puts it in writing consider the info non-credible.

Mike

I wasn't running out and buying them for my sojourns in NJ just wondering if there was any substantiation.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top