Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2010 9:02:36 AM EDT
ok so recently ive been curious about masons. was just today informed we have a few here in the htf. so what are the "local" regs and and ways to become a mason ? yeah i know its a fat chance but a closed mouth dont get fed and we all know im not good at closing my mouth so for anyone that is in the know and willing to speak please do
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:40:49 AM EDT
I'm a 3rd Degree Master Mason from Pioneer Lodge #22 in Des Moines. I was raised when I turned 19 about 3 years ago. What do you want to know?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:58:02 AM EDT
well id like to know if my assault would keep me from becoming a mason ? and how would would localy go about joining.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:20:30 AM EDT
A man must be a fee man of good standing Gordan.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:29:33 AM EDT
Originally Posted By keenshooter:
A man must be a fee man of good standing Gordan.

can you elaborate ? contrary to many opinions im a good guy. and until may of this year my record was crystal clear. speaking with another mason on the board from what i gather felonies are a no no but that most lodges accept that sometimes good people make mistakes. and its gordon
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:32:10 AM EDT
I as well was raised at Mt. Olive Lodge #17 in Cedar Rapids. Come on your own free will and accord and ask someone for a petition.

Felonies are traditional frowned on. Explain your position, it's up to the lodge. We have one brother who had a past felony that was later expunged and gun rights returned.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:34:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/28/2010 11:35:31 AM EDT by fammyman]
Originally Posted By TheMirage:
I as well was raised at Mt. Olive Lodge #17 in Cedar Rapids. Come on your own free will and accord and ask someone for a petition.

Felonies are traditional frowned on. Explain your position, it's up to the lodge. We have one brother who had a past felony that was later expunged and gun rights returned.

how does one find out when someone will be at the lodge to get a petition ? and to clarify it was a simple misdemeanor just sayin i knew felonies were a no no and that that is not an issue

ETA if turned down by one lodge is it possible to try another ?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:41:01 AM EDT
You can apply no matter what Gordon, its open to any man. I was just telling you its up to the lodge. An assault of a school teacher is still serous man. Masonry is a fraternity where you in better yourself as a man, it about brotherly love and understand.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:48:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By keenshooter:
You can apply no matter what Gordon, its open to any man. I was just telling you its up to the lodge. An assault of a school teacher is still serous man. Masonry is a fraternity where you in better yourself as a man, it about brotherly love and understand.

exactly why it interest me

isolated incident

lets try not to derail this thread please ? that issue i thought was buried months ago. im trying to to get back to the straight and narrow i ran prior to my indescretion. from what i understand i will be facing all this again here during the petition and interview process but as far as im concerned its a done issue on arf
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:51:11 AM EDT
Often lodges hold events and are in the public and you can approach them there.

If you have a problem with that check out this page

http://www.gl-iowa.org/howtojoin.html
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:52:55 AM EDT
Im not trying to derail the thread, you pmed me and asked me question m8. If you didnt want my answer then dont pm me and ask just answering your question.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:56:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TheMirage:
Often lodges hold events and are in the public and you can approach them there.

If you have a problem with that check out this page

http://www.gl-iowa.org/howtojoin.html

roger that thanx
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 12:11:38 PM EDT
what happens if a guy doesnt know 2 master masons to sponsor him
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 12:26:31 PM EDT
Taylor Lodge 156 here...

the process is pretty simple.  but you have to be asked more or less rather than ask.  i hold blue lodge in high regard and i highly recommend it for those truly interested.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 12:30:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By septic-tank13:
Taylor Lodge 156 here...

the process is pretty simple.  but you have to be asked more or less rather than ask.  i hold blue lodge in high regard and i highly recommend it for those truly interested.

is that the lodge listed in baxter ?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 12:32:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By fammyman:
Originally Posted By septic-tank13:
Taylor Lodge 156 here...

is that the lodge listed in baxter ?

nope.  that one is #520, just north of the grocery store.  nice little lodge...  PM sent.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 4:54:31 PM EDT
Are you on parole, probation or anything like that? If so you cannot petition until you're done with your sentence. Someone under probation isn't considered a "free man"
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:42:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Tycho:
Are you on parole, probation or anything like that? If so you cannot petition until you're done with your sentence. Someone under probation isn't considered a "free man"

yes i served my time no probation or parole
Page Hometown » Iowa
Top Top