Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 10/14/2004 9:40:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/14/2004 9:44:11 PM EST by bullet-camp-targets]
We are looking into starting a police/swat team shoot in central Ohio. With a minimum of 10 stages. We need some help from the local police community as to what they would like to see for stages. We know what we set up for the regular shoots which runs one person threw at a time, but we would like to make it so that some of the stages use all five team members at the same time. If any one has any ideas to help make this reality please post them. Thanks, Bulletcamp
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:55:25 PM EST
Do you have a metal target that looks like a family dog?

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:09:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/14/2004 11:12:13 PM EST by Tweak]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:12:25 AM EST
ooo yea the dreaded KIMS game...

Where is this gonna be located at? I am interested and could probably get some people from our team together if it isn't too far.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:10:08 PM EST
Ok I’ll bite i have never heard of the kim,s game before could you give me some more detail?. Right now i have
20 full size pepper poppers (air)
5 ten plate racks (air)
4 four plate racks (rope)
6 five plate racks (air)
30 rope resetting rifle plate racks with three plates to a rack
Two shoot houses
Sniper tower
Texas stars
Self resetting bowling pin racks with real bowling pins that knock of the table (air)
Around 60 misc. plates all on own stanchions that are rope or air reset
A reaction simulator with eight plates and can add more if need be (air)
20 air actuated cardboard target turners from various angles for a Hogan’s ally
Almost all of our targets are air reset only the small plate racks/ self standing targets are rope reset and the Hogan’s ally will be run from a plc/air so it’s the same for everyone. I manufacture all of my targets so if there is something you don’t see it really nothing for me to make one for this event. I have two locations that I am looking to run this at and both of the owners are interested. If it all works out I would like to run at both of them one in the spring and one in the fall. The one in the fall would be a bigger course because of the immense size of the 2nd range. I don’t want to give out names of the ranges until I have all of the details and their permission too. So as you can see I deal in steel targets, so if the Kim’s game use paper that’s why I haven’t heard of it.

Thanks, Bulletcamp

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:11:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/15/2004 12:12:17 PM EST by bullet-camp-targets]
as for the dog plate, very funny! but what is sad is that i have one
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:30:39 PM EST

Originally Posted By swingset:
Do you have a metal target that looks like a family dog?

now would you shoot a dog that looks like this? He's my 7 year old English Setter, full of personality too!

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:42:22 PM EST
KIMS in not a shooting event. KIM stands for Keep In Mind. Just something fun to test people's memory. Arrange several random items on a table and allow people to view it for a LIMITED time. Then continue on with your day. Later at an unspecified time have them stop and write down as much as they can remember including descriptions of the items. Excellent training for snipers or any other team members for that matter. You can mix it up and hang the items on a target stand at about 200 yards and have the snipers look through their optics at them. Teaches you to pay attention to your surroundings...
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:27:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2004 12:30:23 PM EST by Tweak]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:48:06 AM EST
I have never thought of using something like that for an event like this, but you can bet that this will be one of the things that will involved in this course. Thanks for the idea!
Please keep the ideas coming, we want to make this one of the most must participate at events of the year

Thanks, Bulletcamp
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:56:49 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:57:55 PM EST
Hey bullet camp if you send me an email i can email you a file that has police traing courses in it file is only 2 MB in size
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:19:24 PM EST
That's a beautiful Orange Belton!!!I had one growing up. dumb as a brick, but a nice personality.....
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top