Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/15/2005 4:27:06 PM EDT
guys I really could use some help here..

I live in kallifornistan, and my mom lives in florida, she (myself) was thinking about getting a few AR 15's to keep so her son (me) can have one to shoot when on vacation, aslo a legal transfer to me when I move to a less socialist state.

so what are the requirements in FLA. as far as barrel / overall length goes?

can I order one online in her name and have her pick it up from a local FFL?

basically I need an ar15 in the family now! and need some advice on making it happen

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:24:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:33:21 PM EDT
I need to arrange for and pay for said weapon, myself..and try and involve mom as little as possible?

trying to make this as easy as possible

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:39:08 PM EDT
Any other way than her going to the store and paying the $$ and filling out the 4473 could possibly be considered as a straw purchase.

Tell her what you would like in a gift, and maybe loan her some $$.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:52:37 PM EDT
thanx for the help, good advice on the straw deal..not looking for that

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:21:24 PM EDT
An AR being a long gun you should be able to buy it yourself when you visit FL. Better yet apply for a FL CC permit. I believe you can be issued one even though you don't permenantly live here. You can get the application and info on their site.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:35:04 AM EDT

Basically just find a shop and shop around price wise for what your mother wants. When you find what she wants for the price she wants, you say thank you i'll contact you later. Then have your mother go in and buy her new AR's. It's that simple, and all your doing is secretary work for her, theres nothing against that.
Top Top