Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2004 10:31:46 PM EDT
Thank you . . .

. . for contacting me to express your disappointment with my recent vote regarding the assault weapons ban.  I appreciate you taking the time to share your views with me.

I share your support for Second Amendment rights.  However, law enforcement agents across the state have made it clear to me that keeping guns such as uzis and semi-automatic machine guns off our streets will help make our communities safer.  Organizations such as the Police Officers Association of Michigan, which represents over 10,000 law enforcement officers, have asked that the assault weapons ban be renewed to keep our streets safer.  I respect the opinion of those who feel strongly in favor of assault weapons, however, I believe the judgment of trained experts from our law enforcement agencies provide a compelling argument to do what we can to protect our Second Amendment rights while keeping our neighborhoods and children safe from military-style weapons.

Again thank you for taking the time to contact me.  Please feel free
to do so whenever I may be of assistance to you or your family.  

Sincerely,
Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:57:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I just got the same one today, word for word. Gotta love the semi-automatic machine guns. I'd be curious to see a vote from ALL 10,000 officers to see if they are being fairly represented by their politically motivated POAM leader. This letter just pisses me off. My response will be "We the people WON"!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Dear Senator Stabenow,

I am making it my personal mission to see to it that you are not re-elected to a second term in the United States Senate. Your contempt for the rights of law abiding citizens of this nation is sickening. Through the my affiliation with several gun owners organizations at the national and state level, and by spreading the word to fellow gun owners through the internet, I hope to inform every freedom loving gun owner in the state of Michigan that you feel you have the power to limit constitutional protected rights based on deceptive propoganda being spread by rabid anti-gun organizations. You have shown that you do not hold the same values of freedom, independence and tradition that the people of Michigan hold dear. I intend to bring this to their attention.

Kiss my ass in hell you lying bitch,

Motown_steve
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Ask her if these Police Office agents are the same ones that told her that the streats of Michigan would turn into the streats of the wild west if everyone were to get a CCW?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Ask her if these Police Office agents are the same ones that told her that the streats of Michigan would turn into the streats of the wild west if everyone were to get a CCW?

oh i like that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top