Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2003 10:49:40 PM EDT
I might be heading to Quail creek shooting range sometime this week with tmurry (prob wed or thursday mid-day).  If anyone wants to go let me know..  Prob be doing some AR & some 22 plinking....

Prosise
[email protected]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:14:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Last I checked, Quail Creek doesn't allow FMJ. I may go up there with you to put some rounds through my .22 though. Let me know.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:40:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Dammit,

You mean I have to go over there and dig all my FMJ's out of that mound of dirt?  We went at 2:00pm last thurs & I never heard not to use them..  We shot about 450 rounds along with a few other guys.  I'll not bring that topic up when I go...  We went right when the storm hit & the range flooded while we were shooting...  After the rain moved thru it was real nice.  Let me know if your interested & what time you would be willing to go..  I think that me and my buddy will go again this week for sure, so we sure could use some more to go...

Prosise
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:59:43 AM EDT
[#3]

I am not familiar with Quail Creek, where is that?  Prosise don't you live in FW?  I don't know why I was thinking that, but I was.... at any rate, I'm in FW and might be able to tag along if you'll let me if it ends up being Thursday.

Rob
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:00:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I called them about 6 months ago and asked if they allowed ARs.

They said sure but don't bring FMJs.

At that time I only lived about 10 min. from them.

what ever it's worth,
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I should be free most of this week. After 2:00 is best, as that's when the wife goes to work.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quail creek shooting range is located at 1171 & I-35w.  It is about 1 or 2 exits north of the motor speedway.  You exit at 1171 go West over the bridge, continue going west just down the other side of the bridge.  THe road turns to a dirt road for about 150yds,  the road looks like a dead end but at the bottom there is a white gate to the right that is the entrance to the range.  10$ a day...  It is a real nice range & has covered shooting areas...  

Oh, i live in trophy club (near roanoke)..

Prosise
[email protected]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:44:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Prosise: I work nights so I can probably make it out their. So let me know when you will be going. I want to try out a new Springfield loaded that I bought at the Dallas gun show last week.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Im planning on going thursday sometime between 12:00 & 2:00.  We stayed about 3 hours last time playing tic-tac-toe with the 22's which was a blast.  YOu can only shoot the bullseye so long until you get bored.  Anyone who thinks they can go just look for the tall skinny guy on the rifle range.  I will give a more detailed timeframe later this evening...

Prosise
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top