Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 6/16/2003 10:49:40 PM EDT
I might be heading to Quail creek shooting range sometime this week with tmurry (prob wed or thursday mid-day). If anyone wants to go let me know.. Prob be doing some AR & some 22 plinking....

Prosise
bprosise1@charter.net
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:14:35 AM EDT
Last I checked, Quail Creek doesn't allow FMJ. I may go up there with you to put some rounds through my .22 though. Let me know.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:40:45 AM EDT
Dammit,

You mean I have to go over there and dig all my FMJ's out of that mound of dirt? We went at 2:00pm last thurs & I never heard not to use them.. We shot about 450 rounds along with a few other guys. I'll not bring that topic up when I go... We went right when the storm hit & the range flooded while we were shooting... After the rain moved thru it was real nice. Let me know if your interested & what time you would be willing to go.. I think that me and my buddy will go again this week for sure, so we sure could use some more to go...

Prosise
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:59:43 AM EDT

I am not familiar with Quail Creek, where is that? Prosise don't you live in FW? I don't know why I was thinking that, but I was.... at any rate, I'm in FW and might be able to tag along if you'll let me if it ends up being Thursday.

Rob
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:00:05 AM EDT
I called them about 6 months ago and asked if they allowed ARs.

They said sure but don't bring FMJs.

At that time I only lived about 10 min. from them.

what ever it's worth,
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:35:19 AM EDT
I should be free most of this week. After 2:00 is best, as that's when the wife goes to work.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:53:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/17/2003 3:56:28 PM EDT by Prosise]
Quail creek shooting range is located at 1171 & I-35w. It is about 1 or 2 exits north of the motor speedway. You exit at 1171 go West over the bridge, continue going west just down the other side of the bridge. THe road turns to a dirt road for about 150yds, the road looks like a dead end but at the bottom there is a white gate to the right that is the entrance to the range. 10$ a day... It is a real nice range & has covered shooting areas...

Oh, i live in trophy club (near roanoke)..

Prosise
Bprosise1@charter.net
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:44:41 AM EDT
Prosise: I work nights so I can probably make it out their. So let me know when you will be going. I want to try out a new Springfield loaded that I bought at the Dallas gun show last week.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:46:20 AM EDT
Im planning on going thursday sometime between 12:00 & 2:00. We stayed about 3 hours last time playing tic-tac-toe with the 22's which was a blast. YOu can only shoot the bullseye so long until you get bored. Anyone who thinks they can go just look for the tall skinny guy on the rifle range. I will give a more detailed timeframe later this evening...

Prosise
Top Top