Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 2:57:44 PM EDT
Right after the first of the year Im starting a job search in VA. As such I'd appreciate contact info for hitech/it head hunters you've work w/ in the past who were particularly good. thanx AP
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I just changed jobs and had little luck with those types.  What part of the state and what industry are you looking in?  In NoVa I can help a little in the defense industry.

shooter
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive worked in or closely w/ an OS group (mainly unix) for the last 15 yrs both as FT and contract. However, any sort of low level job would be OK. Right now Im working on windows and REALLY dislike it tremendously. In other works unix/linux only type jobs. Geographically my preferences are Shenandoah Valley or Piedmont areas, SW, Norfolk/Hampton Roads and NOVA. I suspect job matches and location might be hard to reconcile though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:16:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is what I found so far on careerbuilder in VA for Unix/Linux type jobs.

CareerBuilder
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#4]
check companies like mantech and caci.  they usually have unix/linux/etc administrator jobs around the dc area.  both of those companies have work in the norfolk area too.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanx for the leads!

Things must be changing then...last time I looked for work the head hunters held the best.

BTW if you all think of any place else Id really appreciate it if youd pass them on....
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Right after the first of the year Im starting a job search in VA. As such I'd appreciate contact info for hitech/it head hunters you've work w/ in the past who were particularly good. thanx AP

I work for a government contractor in the Hamptons Roads area. This is a job rich place especially for IT workers.  This is becoming the modeling and simulation capital of the world.

I recommend doing a google search for SAIC, Northrop Grumman, Booze Allen, Lockheed, General Dynamics, Cubic,  just to name a few who do work in the Hampton Roads area. I don't know if your particular skill sets will match local requirements, but you should still take a look.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top