Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 11/23/2005 6:53:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/1/2005 9:22:22 PM EDT by AZATHOTH777]
you would think working at a gunstore and range i might get shot. NO i get cut to the bone..fun i just got the "device" off so i can kinda type again. there is a story with this but i cant tell it. sorry its to protect someone, lets leave it at that!... i couldn't change my babys diper but i still taught my ccw class the next day(must arm the public and all that) not only has work been off the hook this week, and i couldn't even use my right hand. it happened sat night, re-qualified with my 1911 sunday morning left handed (years of ipsc payed off), still packing with a backwards galco holster. in case this happens to you "have a plan" i guess. feel free to tell/add your whore'er horror stories.

ps. sorry mormon i couldn't get the tape off to you yet, ive been working a week straight.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 7:15:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/23/2005 7:16:18 PM EDT by SGB]
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 7:29:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/23/2005 9:29:59 PM EDT by AZATHOTH777]
ya well it an't the first time ive had to be a lefty either, broke all my knuckels on someones head once(learned new striking style after that) i almost died of bordom (age 13) w/o my right hand. i think thats why the cut wasn't as bad as it could have been (scar tissue and bone clumps?) the pic's dont do it justice it was deep, first look i saw bone and stopped looking at it after that...
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 3:00:17 AM EDT
Ouch.

I feel your pain, I've banged up my hands so many times I'm suprised they still work as well as they do.

Got any close-ups?
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 5:15:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:42:15 AM EDT
ouch. good excuse to get out of diaper duty, though.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 1:56:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/24/2005 1:57:07 PM EDT by die-tryin]
NVM.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 1:56:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/24/2005 1:57:17 PM EDT by die-tryin]
bah double post.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 7:59:19 AM EDT
That sucks. Sorry about your luck!

I snapped my wrist half one time in a (alcohol related) incident once, thought I'd never be able to work with my hands again. Recovered 100%
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 7:00:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/25/2005 7:09:51 PM EDT by AZATHOTH777]

Originally Posted By osprey21:
Ouch.

Got any close-ups?

sure, this is as close as i can get w/o getting it all fuzzy. (camera phone) just for you! (and anyone else who looks)

yummy huh. its not too bad, but it keeps breaking open and bleeding(alot more than it should).
come on this ain't the worst thing fokes, tell your wound stories. it makes me feel better if others have injured themselves too. (that way i dont feel like an @ss all by myself)ha, ha.

{{ somehow the pic's shrank? again. }}
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 8:08:05 AM EDT
AZA,

Go over a knuckle to the right and back an inch or so and I've still got my scar from my teen years. we had to get through a window of somewhere we shouldn't have been. learned to wrap up and use elbow after that. anyway soon as I cut it looked down and saw tendons moving. beast thing was it made everyone else sick. Waited a few days then got stitches.

hmm, happened at work, gee who else did I meet that works with you, might it be.....

nah I won't name names
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 3:25:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/1/2005 9:22:52 PM EDT by AZATHOTH777]

Originally Posted By FL_FlatTop:
AZA,

Go over a knuckle to the right and back an inch or so and I've still got my scar from my teen years. we had to get through a window of somewhere we shouldn't have been. learned to wrap up and use elbow after that. anyway soon as I cut it looked down and saw tendons moving. beast thing was it made everyone else sick. Waited a few days then got stitches.

hmm, happened at work, gee who else did I meet that works with you, might it be.....

nah I won't name names

ah ya.... exactly...

Link Posted: 12/1/2005 3:59:16 AM EDT
It works.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 6:48:08 PM EDT
thanks, first time doing it, just wanted to see if it works...
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 7:14:49 PM EDT
You know, I've cut up my right hand many times. I can shoot left handed if I need to, I can do just about anything left handed if neccessary. But the single most difficult thing is wiping your butt.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 7:31:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/3/2005 7:32:58 PM EDT by AZATHOTH777]

Originally Posted By CS223:
You know, I've cut up my right hand many times. I can shoot left handed if I need to, I can do just about anything left handed if neccessary. But the single most difficult thing is wiping your butt.

you know i wasn't going to say anything about that. YOU ARE NOT KIDDING. also other things, puting on a watch, belt, sleeping without hitting it on something, and taking a shower(the hole plastic bag and tape thing). i learned real quick the dis-advantigs of one hand, every "one legged cat joke" went through my mind. bad sign, having bad pain flashes in my hand today at work i hope somthing isint "really" messed up. time will tell. but no sh1t on the T.P. thing, you can only hold it for so long........ life is grand
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:42:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2005 6:43:39 PM EDT by AZATHOTH777]
just an update (like you care but its funny) while working at the shop i had been trying to call my dr. about removing my stitches, the paperwork from the hospital gave me a ph# to call to get them out. i called the ph# and the dr. office said they didn't work on hands?. so i tryed to call my dr. he didnt do it either, (what a F'ing adventure) so i gave up for the day to try again later when i had more time..

later that night, (we have ladys day at the range) a friend and customer of ours (that always brings his little girl whom loves to shoot) comes it with a friend of his from cape hospital's er, aim4myhead (who is paying my medical bills for a certin reason) asked the doc if she could remove my stitches (cheap bastard 'aim4myhead')... unfortitly(maybe a good thing) i had all the equipment with me, and she removed my 'been in way too long' stitches. funny, i made fun of the dr. on her last visit, for making a meal out of the candy bowl, strange how things work out, as she left a gave her a gift bag of her favorite candy with a harty thank you, she just smiled........ an actual happy ending

alright lets get back to blasting stuff.......

ps: getting your stitches pulled out is a very creepy feeling
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 3:34:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/10/2005 3:34:53 AM EDT by Punani]

Originally Posted By AZATHOTH777:
you would think working at a gunstore and range i might get shot. NO i get cut to the bone..fun i just got the "device" off so i can kinda type again. there is a story with this but i cant tell it. sorry its to protect someone, lets leave it at that!... i couldn't change my babys diper but i still taught my ccw class the next day(must arm the public and all that) not only has work been off the hook this week, and i couldn't even use my right hand. it happened sat night, re-qualified with my 1911 sunday morning left handed (years of ipsc payed off), still packing with a backwards galco holster. in case this happens to you "have a plan" i guess. feel free to tell/add your whore'er horror stories.
i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/azathoth7777/hand3.jpg
i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/azathoth7777/hand5.jpg
i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/azathoth7777/hand4.jpg
i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/azathoth7777/hand8.jpg
ps. sorry mormon i couldn't get the tape off to you yet, ive been working a week straight.

aim4myhead (who is paying my medical bills for a certin reason)

Come on, Dude!
We all knew it was AIM
Now what happened? Farting around with a machette?
Slammed the registry drawer with your hand still in it?
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 3:42:14 AM EDT
I worked for a car-windshield place for a while, one day one of the guys cust his hand real bad on his locker door. So I ran him to the emergency room, still in our "carglass" uniforms.

Took us a long time to convince the nurses and doctor that it didn't happen from glass, and that there was no need to be digging around They super-glued it shut. I learned a lot from that.

I was spinning my boat prop this year, and it finally "clicked" into gear, stopping the prop from turning. Sliced the skin in between my index and middle finger very very deep.
Superglue fixed that puppy right up for me!

Link Posted: 12/10/2005 4:09:20 AM EDT
Yup, great stuff for some wounds, the Corpsmen in my unit carried it in their kits.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 4:41:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/10/2005 4:43:56 PM EDT by AZATHOTH777]
since you mention it i do carry this all the time, i just have insurance. but yes ca+ glue WAS developed during wwII for glueing wounds closed....

this, like alot of other crap never leave my side(you dont want to know whats in my rescue bag) it aint pretty but it gets the job done...."stabalize and package".....
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 5:59:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/10/2005 6:05:09 PM EDT by AZATHOTH777]
i know this is off topic but i had to......

my little girls first handgun. a glock G-.19 in .9mm (ha,ha)

she already has a pink crickett, but she still is alittle small to use it yet. sorry it was too cute.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 1:04:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/11/2005 1:05:44 AM EDT by osprey21]

but yes ca+ glue WAS developed during wwII for glueing wounds closed....

Actually it wasn't...

Super Glue (cyanoacrylate ) was was invented quite by accident. Discovered by Dr. Harry Coover while working for Kodak Research Laboratories to develop an optically clear plastic for gunsights in 1942. Coover rejected cyanoacrylate because it was too sticky.

In 1951, cyanoacrylate was rediscovered by Coover and Dr Fred Joyner. Coover was now supervising research at the Eastman Company in Tennessee. Coover and Joyner were researching a heat-resistant acrylate polymer for jet canopies when Joyner spread a film of ethyl cyanoacrylate between refractometer prisms and discovered that the prisms were glued together.

Coover finally realized that cyanoacrylate was a useful product and in 1958 the Eastman compound #910 was marketed and later packaged as superglue.

Then in 1964 Eastman submitted an application to use cyanoacrylate glues to seal wounds to the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Soon afterward Dr. Harry Coover's glue did find use in Vietnam--reportedly in 1966 cyanoacrylates were tested on-site by a specially trained surgical team, with impressive results. In an interview with Dr. Coover by the Kingsport Times-News, Coover said that the compound demonstrated an excellent capacity to stop bleeding, and during the Vietnam War, he developed disposal cyanoacrylate sprays for use in the battlefield.

but I digress...
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 3:20:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/11/2005 3:21:36 PM EDT by AZATHOTH777]
damn.........

did you actualy know that or find it on the web? if you knew that from memory you might need help(and a cookie!). As for what i said thats what i was told in (lack of a better term) EMT school... so?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:12:34 AM EDT

damn.........

did you actualy know that or find it on the web?

LOL..
I actually DID (at least in part) know it, as my Grandfathers brother worked for Kodak Research Laboratories during the war years and I heard all about it, and other crazy stuff, when I was a youngster

That, plus it was used on a leg wound I received in 1970.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:08:04 PM EDT
When I worked as a mechanich I glued lots of cuts closed with SG. That stuff works like CRAZY!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:02:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By captainpooby:
When I worked as a mechanich I glued lots of cuts closed with SG. That stuff works like CRAZY!

No that's CRAZY glue. This is SUPER glue, GET IT straight...

So sorry but I had to...

Mike
Top Top