Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 9:16:18 AM EDT
I live in reno my friend lives in sacramento he has a gun I want to buy can I buy it without an ffl transfer or will they bust me when I add it to ccw permit since it is now registered in cali?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Cali. reg. has nothing to do with us out here, won't effect you.
only need to go through ffl if he's shipping it to you, if he brings it out here personally than it's between you two.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#2]
ok cool thanks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:09:47 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC ALL interstate transfers must have an FFL involved
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#4]
From BATFE website:

The GCA makes it unlawful to engage in a firearms business without a license. 18 U.S.C. 922(a)(1), 923(a). Federal firearms licensees are generally prohibited from transferring firearms to persons who do not reside in the State where the licensee's premises are located. 18 U.S.C. 922(b)(3). Nonlicensees are generally prohibited from acquiring firearms outside their State of residence or transferring firearms to nonlicensees who reside out-of-State. 18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5).

You can also check the BATFE FAQ

(B1) To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?

A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his or her state, if the buyer is not prohibited by law from receiving or possessing a firearm, or to a licensee in any state. A firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector. [18 U. S. C 922( a)( 3) and (5), 922( b)( 3), 27 CFR 178.29]

(B2) From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?

A person may only buy a firearm within the person's own state, except that he or she may buy a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any state, provided the sale complies with state laws applicable in the state of sale and the state where the purchaser resides. [18 U. S. C 922( a)( 3) and (5), 922( b)( 3), 27 CFR 178.29]

I think that pretty much covers it.

Remember, most Federal crimes are a felony, which results in complete loss of gun rights.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#5]
here i go again,. drop trou and insert foot.

going back to the shadows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top