Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 5:49:56 PM EDT
Howdy all, getting ready to move up to Maryville  in a few months, and just wondering how the gun laws there are in TN.  I've heard that they are quite good, but just want to make sure.  I have my Florida CCW down here.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#1]
We have a reciprocity agreement with Florida, So feel free to carry nearly anywhere.

Also check out www.packing.org
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Your CCW is welcomed here, gun laws are great. Go to the top of the hometown page and click on the TN firearm laws, and welcome to BIG ORANGE COUNTRY
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:45:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
welcome to BIG ORANGE COUNTRY hr

Just can't say it enough, GO BIG ORANGE!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:37:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I did but I still have a question after reading the web site. So for the first few months I can use my FL CCW over there but the confusing part is that once I need to apply for my TN Permit since I will be changing my legal address not only do I need to apply but I also need to take the class all over again ? Not a big deal I think... don't know how many hours but I would think since they accept reciprocity that all you would need to do is apply and pay for the new permit.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome.  Fellow Maryvillian here.  Good area.  You'll like it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#7]
That is a good question, however if it is possible I would try to continue getting a florida permit, they have reciprocity with the most states of any CCW states.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:04:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I moved here from Texas and all ready had a CCP. On applying for a Tn permit all that is required is to pay for the new one! They will seize your old state licenense. That HURT ! It was like cutting off a finger. I had to fight so damn hard for so long to get it. You will get a reciept that will allow you to carry until aproved. If you have any other out of state permit it also will be valid. I have one for Connecticutt of all places.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top