Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/26/2014 7:12:49 AM EDT
OK after looking at it closer. Think I got a hodge pod! Including weeds mostly weeds. Got bunch of dandy lions and clover. Need a good weed killer that will help grass. And my shade n sun. I only have one strip that will have sun alday.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:38:53 AM EDT
Good friend of mine that worked for TruGreen asked if I wanted my front lawn sprayed.

I told him that if he did the front, it'd be bald because the only greenage had was clover, dandelions and other assorted weed like ground cover...

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:59:02 AM EDT
24d or dicamba
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:00:19 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By doomtrprz71:
24d or dicamba
View Quote

could you give more details?
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:05:11 PM EDT
If you cut it short it's all green. No worries.

Seriously it's a never ending battle unless you live in a sodded subdivision. Spray every month with weed b gone and over seed and aureate in the fall. That's about all you can do and will eventually you will see vast improvements. The only other option is to sod and pay a company to chemically maintain it. I choose option A and it looks good enough.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:43:50 AM EDT
Trimec at tractor supply.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:09:23 AM EDT
Originally Posted By earlwhytt:
Trimec at tractor supply.
View Quote

Yep, this is what I use and it works great.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:14:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By dawggs4:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dawggs4:
Originally Posted By doomtrprz71:
24d or dicamba

Any of the auxin herbicides will work for you. They kill broadleaf plants but not grasses. Trimec will work but it's a more expensive premix of 2 24d formulations and dicamba. Personally I'd just spray 24d or do my own tank mix. Some of the other premix formulation s have specific rates for different grass species. The southern ag 24d formulation is cheap and is enough to make 150 gallons for less than 15 bucks. Ace hardware sells it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:52:21 AM EDT
Can you use this on Centipede grass?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:47:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Ratchet:
Can you use this on Centipede grass?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:37:22 AM EDT
If you use anything with 2, 4-D on centipede you will regret it. Centipede is very sensitive to many of the commonly used weed control products, you may get away with a light application but expect some discoloration at least. Best bet for centipede and St. Augustine grass is an Atrazine based product like Image. Generally if the label does not say the product is safe to use on centipede you should not use it. I use Image for post-emergent weeds and use Lesco pre-emergent in the fall and early spring on my centipede.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:25:20 AM EDT
Atrazine is no different on centipede unless you get the rates wrong. Sometimes if the grass is not 100% green you may get slightly more burn.
Top Top