Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2008 10:16:04 AM EDT
please dont respond with haha's or you deserve it..blah blah...it happens once in a blue moon...but here it is...
i got a ticket in henderson 11-15mph over...oh well.
i just want to confirm, if i go to the court, pay the fine, and do traffic school...does it go on my dmv record? is "ticketbusters" a better route? i dont exactly get tickets on a regular basis.
any advice...especially LE would be nice.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:32:50 AM EDT
[#1]
V just go to one of the attorneys that do tickets for free if you sign up to them if you ever get in a wreck they will plead it down to a parking ticket you will still pay but no traffic school or insurance/DMV issues
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Every school goes on your record.....

Now, the courts will usually offer a similar deal to anyone..... but favoritism to the attornies seems to be coming about.

I would hit Chiz45 up and see what he charges. I can't remember which one I had to use for a friend.... maybe I'll wake-up here in the next hour and remember.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:47:04 AM EDT
[#3]
ticketbusters is $125 for appearance, plus whatever the charge is reduced to (in this case the ticket is $187)

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Just go to Craig P. Kenny. No charge for fighting your traffic tickets. Even attorneys go to him lol.

Just East of Bonneville Ave downtown. No appointment necessary. Just show up and drop off and thats it. They will contact you when you need to come down and pay. Simple.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 5:21:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Every Court is a little different, but the essentials are:

1. Go before the Judge.
2. Plead "guilty" or "nolo contendere" and request traffic school.
3. Complete traffic school and pay the (usually reduced) fine.
4. The ticket gets reduced to a no-points parking ticket once the fine is paid and proof of traffic school is produced.

Some of the variances:

Some Judges allow you to take the traffic school class in advance, others don't.

Some Judges give you the option of paying a higher fee, usually the full bail amount, and skip traffic school. Boulder City Municipal and Justice Courts allow this.

Some Judges allow you to take traffic school on-line, others don't. Henderson Justice Court normally does not accept on-line school.

If you attended traffic school for a different citation within the past year, you usually have to attend a longer "repeat offender" traffic school.

Use an Attorney if you don't want to go to court yourself, understanding that the fees charged by the Attorney, plus the fines are usually higher than the cost of doing it yourself, but the Attorney may also be able to get you out of traffic school.

If you fail to pay the fine and complete traffic school within the time-frames set by the court, a bench warrant for your arrest could be issued, which will result in your Driver's License being suspended, the points added to your license, and you being arrested. The Henderson Marshals actively seek out those with active warrants.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I went in to just pay the ticket downtown (Vegas), the lady behind the counter said if I plead guilty it would be alot cheaper and I could sign up for on-line traffic school and no points on my record. Opted for this route and cut her a check for the fine...I only had so many days to do the traffic school. I registered and payed the traffic school fees and for some reason or another never completed the on-line course...
Went to the DMV a few months later to renew my license and brought this up to the lady that was helping me...she looked up my files and it showed i completed the course. Said that as long as its paid for thats all they really look for. I wasn't too sure of this so I had a buddy of mine whose wife at the time worked for metro. She looked it up and the same thing...no points and everything was a-ok.....

I just dont speed now.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just go to Craig P. Kenny. No charge for fighting your traffic tickets. Even attorneys go to him lol.

Just East of Bonneville Ave downtown. No appointment necessary. Just show up and drop off and thats it. They will contact you when you need to come down and pay. Simple.

I just went that route with them, but they would not take my case because it was to involved. (Crazy bitch backed out in front of me while I was on my son's crotch rocket. I punched it to get around her, She punched it to get in front of me, And I played superman when I bailed off, skipping down the street for 182 ft.) For some unknown reason, the Cop gave me a ticket for speeding, and nothing for her!
When I was leaving his office, I found a Parking Ticket on my windshield for $75.00!
There were no meters or parking zones where I was parked, So I went back in to his Office and showed him the ticket. He said that Everyone that works there parks there and that no one has ever gotten a ticket before!
And then he said it! They don't fight parking tickets
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Besides the points issue, doesn't getting a speeding ticket changed to a parking ticket without just paying the fine and going to traffic school save you from an insurance hike?
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I typed a long answer, but in the end decided it is easier just to say get a lawyer to fix the ticket and save yourself hundreds (to thousands) of dollars in insurance rate hikes.  I see it nearly every day.  Save traffic school spankings for tickets received outside of Clark County where you have no better choice.

Come to think of it, I would rather have Blue Cards and be able to slither my way out of a traffic ticket than not have either and always be worried about getting popped for 75 in a 65.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top