Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 7:37:15 PM EDT
I am thinking about getting a short barrled rifle tax stamp but I was told that if you take a lower that was not origionally built as a short barreled rifle from the factory, and make a SBR out of it I would have to have my name and address evgraved on the lower.  Is this true?  thanks
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:45:51 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a FAQ in the full auto forums about engravings.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#2]
The maker or manufacturer is required to engrave their name, city, and state on the lower. If you file a Form 1 and make your own NFA weapon (SBR), rou will need to engrave the lower with your name, city, and state. If you file a Form 1 as a corporation or LLC (business entity), you would engrave that information on the lower instead.

Keith
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top