Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/1/2005 1:42:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 1:52:43 PM EDT by AZATHOTH777]
well it started is s.w. fla.. people are freaking out

sorry to post this twice, pic' didn't hold.. every gas station is like this that ive seen so far
92oct $3.10 lee.co.

whats it costing you? at your loc.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:25:43 PM EDT
Lake Butler is hitting $3.01. I talk to one person at one of the four station, and they said it is going to go up more tonight.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:07:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 3:07:31 PM EDT by AZATHOTH777]

Originally Posted By FL-AR15:
Lake Butler is hitting $3.01. I talk to one person at one of the four station, and they said it is going to go up more tonight.

lovely, the gas line is even longer now, people are waiting 1/2 hour now. were in fla.
damn, this is a sign of things to come.... ready up fokes
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:37:57 PM EDT
in miami, the highest i've seen was $3.19 for 93, but everyone else seems to hold out at $3.05 tops for premium.....hope the prices stablize, shoot i'd be happy if it flattened out at $2.50 and stayed consistant.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:14:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 4:22:29 PM EDT by AZATHOTH777]
update 3hours later.... $3.14 for 93oct... gas is running out in lee co. fights at gas station. this shit IS happening...... gas stations down the street lines are at a1/4 ml for two stations
well im going to go and final check my equipment......... good luck to all.......
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:46:36 PM EDT
Topped off both cars this afternoon at 2.99/gal in North Florida.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:58:57 PM EDT
anywhere from 2.69 to 3.15 from Northern Broward and South Palm beach counties
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:33:51 PM EDT
Yeah, gas prices are running around $2.99/gal, but I'm not noticing any lines or closed stations. Then again, gas is shipped into the port of Jax.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:10:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 1:10:35 AM EDT by ARDunstan]
$3.21 for Premium at a Shell in the middle of Miami.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:20:27 AM EDT
yup its begun. topped off my tank yesterday at 2.69 for 87 oct. Noticing log lines and some short tempers (like when the guy wasnt paying attention the pump he was waiting for was open and i backed into it before he noticed )

If it gets much worse im gonna have to start borrowing out of the tanks at work. hate for it to come to that though, as the work trucks barely run on the stuff..

The media isnt really helping out either. apparently they never took a sociology course while getting thier degree in bullshittery. when you go on the news and tell people to not buy gas unless you really need it and do not store any extra gas, just what exactly do you think everyone is going to do? theyre sure as hell not going to stay home with a 1/4 tank of gas, now are they?

Add to that FPLs statements I saw yesterday that most of our electricity is generated from natural gas, and due to Katrina natural gas production is limited. Now when FPL is telling us to turn off our A/Cs and turn off lights when we leave a room I start to get concerned. They make thier money when we forget to turn off a light or leave the A/C on..

I wouldnt be too surprised if we started seeing rolling brounouts at the very least..

Things gonna start getting hairy..
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:38:53 AM EDT
There's a few weeks gasoline supply, more of a diesel shortage here in FL, but the refineries should be back on line by then. But there'll still be a small shortage that'll run prices up until demand reduces to equal the supply.
Some analysts expect $3.50, then a decline to $2.50 by late this year.
Does anyone really think this'll trigger drilling in ANWR or off the Florida Coast?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:38:01 AM EDT
Fort Lauderdale and around is $2.89 for REGULAR...
I remember back in the days when I got my car (a year ago) I said "FUCK, $1.89 a GALLON"...
The other day they were running an old X-Files episode and they passed by a gas station and regular was $.99!!!
I cant complain that much, my car gets 30mpg. But I do drive a lot, tank or tank and a half per week.
I cant even imagine ppl that are short in $ that are driving an SUV!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:19:40 PM EDT
well the past two(actualy three)days i havent found any gas in lee co. every gas station has been out. this sucks. i cant beleve this is happening so fast. i meen it was to be expected but damn, we are a little far away, yet not that far. i didn't bother looking at prices, just looking for the little bags on the handles and finding alot of them. i know lee co. was out of diesel on the first day and fuel trucks couldn't make the trip, so they couldn't bring in the regular gas... i think this will suck for a while.....aza

keep posting prices and the status of gas in your area. lets see how "well" we get boned.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:37:26 AM EDT
The Racetrack on Davie Road, just south of 595 is $3.19/gallon.

Luckily, I don't scare too easily so I drove on fumes to another station and bought 15 gallons
at $2.96 per gallon,

This is getting rediculous. I'm seriously considering a diesel swap into my Jeep and investing in
Bio-Diesel. I'll make my own for $.70 per gallon.

Fuck OPEC!
They're no different from Pablo Escobar and his Colombian drug cartel!

HS1
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:39:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HighStrung1:
The Racetrack on Davie Road, just south of 595 is $3.19/gallon.

Luckily, I don't scare too easily so I drove on fumes to another station and bought 15 gallons
at $2.96 per gallon,

This is getting rediculous. I'm seriously considering a diesel swap into my Jeep and investing in
Bio-Diesel. I'll make my own for $.70 per gallon.

Fuck OPEC!
They're no different from Pablo Escobar and his Colombian drug cartel!

HS1

well i'm sure escobar would lower prices if he ahd indefinate buyers and ways to get it in thte country, unlike those fucking oil nazis, opec wakes up and says " Lets cut production by 3% just for shits and giggles"
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:17:00 AM EDT
2.99 for regular and risen in Port Charlotte, if you can find a gas station with gas
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:12:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2005 10:15:35 AM EDT by MormonComputerZ]

Originally Posted By Raineman05:
2.99 for regular and risen in Port Charlotte, if you can find a gas station with gas

$2.86 at SAM's bro and there's plenty.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:23:33 PM EDT
4 stations out of all but 93 at 3.10$....
places that have gas its 2.98$ that was friday PM, i havent left the house since

another thing
walmart was all out of gas jugs, and water jugs( the 7 gallon reliance aquatainers) andother camping gear. The canned goods isle was a wreck,last i seen it that way was after charlie hit when they ran dry on everything!
ill prolly head back out inthe Am to scopeout stuff and see if it got any better.,or worse! itll give me a reason to buy some more 357 or 12g ammo
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:32:54 PM EDT
No problems on the east coast.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:17:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WildBoar:
No problems on the east coast.

im on the east coast and we have issues,, maybe im just in the f'd up part o fthe state
ill just balme it on bike week and BCR
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:46:04 PM EDT
Over here in the Pasco area, I haven't seen any lines yet. Most stations still have gas and the going price is about $3.09. I have noticed that most of the 7-Eleven / Citgo stations are out of gas.

I stopped at a station on Saturday to get gas for the lawn mower and I noticed that every pump I could see (4 I think) had last dispensed 6 point something gallons. The local news is saying don't top off your tank, and then they follow it with a report of shortages, lines and price increases.

LL
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:01:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2005 4:02:32 PM EDT by AZATHOTH777]
i took this yesterday

BIG rush for gas then nothing, gas is $3.19 for 93oct, $2.99 for 87oct. i did see one station had gas for $3.29 for 93oct im sure others had it for more, i just haven't left the house in a couple of days.(days off form work that is) lee co. sucks some(most) of the time.

lets keep this thread active, it would be nice to see what happens so we can make plans for future incidents, i think so far west coast blows, east coast not so bad?

at the station pic'ed above, in the past three days one or two people have been gasing up every once and a while. talk about freaking out...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:40:11 AM EDT
Prices in my area seem to average around $2.95 for 87 which is all my Pathfinder needs. No lines no waiting anywhere.

Pompano Beach area.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:08:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AZATHOTH777:
update 3hours later.... $3.14 for 93oct... gas is running out in lee co. fights at gas station. this shit IS happening...... gas stations down the street lines are at a1/4 ml for two stations
well im going to go and final check my equipment......... good luck to all.......

Where are you at in SW Florida?

I'm in the Cape.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:01:37 AM EDT
2.96-2.99$ per 87

daytona area
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:30:16 PM EDT
Visited Tally this last weekend, gas topped 3.25 for regular and on Friday 10 of 12 stations were COMPLETELY out of Fuel. When I left on Wednesday half of all stations were STILL out.

During the same weekend in Tampa fuel topped 3.19 and some stations were out of gas. When I got back most stations were at 2.99 and the price hasn't changed much as of today
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:34:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NonConformist:
Visited Tally this last weekend, gas topped 3.25 for regular and on Friday 10 of 12 stations were COMPLETELY out of Fuel. When I left on Wednesday half of all stations were STILL out.

During the same weekend in Tampa fuel topped 3.19 and some stations were out of gas. When I got back most stations were at 2.99 and the price hasn't changed much as of today

yip same report from my sister that lives in tally,,, over 3$
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:22:48 AM EDT
Here in Fort Lauderdale and Boca (where i drive most of the time) gas goes for $2.90-3.00 (Regular).
Is it me or you guys have noticed 10-20% less cars on the road?! Yesterday I took I-95 in rush hour (5pm) and traffic was not bad at all!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:54:49 PM EDT
We are starting a 4 10 hr day work week next week for our production people. Doing it to save them money on gas.
Gerry
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:44:26 PM EDT
The main thing that gets me right now is the change in my driving habits.

I used to do 95mph when going across the Alley to pick up my kids. I do 75 now and noticed many others are doing the same. A few months ago you had to do at least 85 just to keep up in the right hand lane.

It did make a signifigant difference in milage.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:35:11 AM EDT
In my area (Pasco), prices have come back down some. Most stations that were out of gas now have it although a few are still empty. Average price seems to be $2.89 for 87 octane. Still 30 cents more than before the hurricane. I hate the way a shortage and price scare suddenly make $2.89 look good.

LL
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:56:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By LightningLink:
In my area (Pasco), prices have come back down some. Most stations that were out of gas now have it although a few are still empty. Average price seems to be $2.89 for 87 octane. Still 30 cents more than before the hurricane. I hate the way a shortage and price scare suddenly make $2.89 look good.

LL

Yipper. Same here in pinellas. I think it was their way to get us from bitching about 2.80 cent gas when it was up over 3.00bux, the problem is now ppl will get complacent and use to the over 2.50 a gallon prices and not bitch, saying "It could be worse" I think this is horseshit. No reason for gas to be over a 1bux a gallon.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:59:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2005 5:00:29 PM EDT by MudFlapper]

$3.02 for diesel here....when you can find it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:11:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 5:13:15 PM EDT by AZATHOTH777]
well it looks like the gas shortage is over but the prices remain. i haven't seen a line in over a week. (it could be possible no-one can pay for it).

so far we have learned,
the general population is going to freak out on day one, at the first sigh that anything has changed. lesson learned= keep a week's worth of gas during season?(along w/ all the other crap we have stored).

stuff might return back to normal rather quickly. (just with new prices. remember gas masks, dirt cheep till 9-11, they were almost giving them away. the cheepy ones old $5.00 now $19.95+, right after 9-11 $99.00+.

up and down the world goes - yoda(well it sounds like somthing he would say)

i think i will create my own "reserves" of gas, not alot but two tank fulls(for each vehicle). i know friends that already have.

what do you think, your plan of action, lessons learned from all this?
Top Top