Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/31/2005 7:23:14 AM EDT
well i just came from miamisburg ohio and saw gas at 3.09.9 per gallon....

this is insanity.......

what say you...

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Wife called here  a little bit ago, she said the price is now $3.09  in Troy, she was at the Kroger at exit 73 (St Rt 55),  I paid  $2.79 at BP at same exit last night, while Kroger was $2.52 and Shell across way was $2.52... same this morning when I went by.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Pucker up boys and girls, it's anywhere from $2.999 to $3.099 in the Cleveland area. One station changed from $2.599 to $3.0999 during the course of my lunch hour.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:33:31 AM EDT
[#3]
It's all Bush's fault!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:28:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Awwwww, it's no big deal. So what if heating oil goes up, the prices of shipped goods (basically everything we buy) rises, and small businesses start hurting and laying off people??? So what if independant truckers and delivery companies can't make any money. So what if small school districts can't afford to gas the busses, so what!!!

It's just a few cents more a gallon!

It's not like the oil industry is making record profits right now. Oh wait.....they are.

But still, let's blame it on speculators, the Chinese, the Indians and the Arabs. They're the REAL enemy. If it weren't for all them, the oil companies would charge us $.10 a gallon, and pump it for us.

Rant off.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:39:18 AM EDT
[#5]
3.099 here also now.  A single Marathon station is charging 3.169 for some odd reason.  I don't know what's worse- High as hell prices or no gas at all like my family has
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's all Bush's fault!

Didn't he make a campaign promise of cheap gasoline? Why I believe he did. IMO, yes, it is indirectly his fault, along with banks and insurance companies. Who is most directly responsible you ask? WE are. The sheeple just don't care, they will pay whatever it takes to get their brats to soccer practice.

IIRC the truck drivers in England got fed up with the bullshit and went on strike. They were pissed off enough to block all the roads and gas stations. Tony Blair told them to go back to work, they told him to kiss their ass. I pray everyday that something like that happens here. If truckers go on strike, I will fully support them. Not to worry, nobody's going on strike.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's all Bush's fault!

Didn't he make a campaign promise of cheap gasoline? Why I believe he did. IMO, yes, it is indirectly his fault, along with banks and insurance companies. Who is most directly responsible you ask? WE are. The sheeple just don't care, they will pay whatever it takes to get their brats to soccer practice.

IIRC the truck drivers in England got fed up with the bullshit and went on strike. They were pissed off enough to block all the roads and gas stations. Tony Blair told them to go back to work, they told him to kiss their ass. I pray everyday that something like that happens here. If truckers go on strike, I will fully support them. Not to worry, nobody's going on strike.

I would like to see it go further than a trucking strike. How about if EVERYONE in the US went on strike. thats right a BIG FUCK YOU to the goverment and big business. I think a 2 to 5 day strike would most certianly get the message across.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:13:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's all Bush's fault!

I would like to see it go further than a trucking strike. How about if EVERYONE in the US went on strike. thats right a BIG FUCK YOU to the goverment and big business. I think a 2 to 5 day strike would most certianly get the message across.

Indeed it would. I've "heard" it would only take a one day strike.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I guess in Dayton some stations are all out of regular and plus, and only have Super left.

Conveniently, I have to drive up to Fostoria this Saturday.  @*(&!   That ought to be an expensive trip.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Not to belabor the obvious...but, can you say PRICE GOUGING!!!

And yes, I think a nationwide strike for at least a few days would get the point across.  That will never happen, of course.

- PM
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:05:11 PM EDT
[#11]
The only people making money on this are the oil companies themselves. Dont blame the local gas station owner, he's gettiong screwed worse then we are.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:13:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Wait until the big oil companies post their annual earnings. They will show huge profits compared to their last report. Fortunately, my 10 year old Jetta gets 30 mpg City/Hwy.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:21:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Try 3.30 in decatur, IN.  That where I work
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:17:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I saw it for $3.25 in Columbus on my way home from work.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I was one of the last people to get it for $2.619 at about 1 PM today at the BP station at Bethel and Sawmill in northwest Columbus.  The cars were lined up into the street and the stress levels were going up.  Before we pulled out, we saw the manager change the street sign to $3.099.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Stay tuned, folks! The Cleveland rag, PD, front page says: "May get to $4/gal!"

Hey, am I goofy or what? I remember back in the 1970's when the Arabs were squeezing us for gas, and your local gas station TRIED creeping up  1 or 2 CENTS a gallon--hell, the local County Auditor came around, the State of Ohio Attorney General sent out its boys, to PROSECUTE station owners--they called it PRICE GOUGING!

Gasoline goes up 50 CENTS A DAY C'Mon folks!

What does that equate to 15,000% a month?

What the hell gives?

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#17]
This is not good. It went from $2.60 to 3.09 in a few hours. I'm in Ashland CO.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:17:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:40:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Id like to ride my bike to work since Im not far but then I wouldnt have a nice cupholder for my biggie coke from wendys combo meal.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:46:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Id like to ride my bike to work since Im not far but then I wouldnt have a nice cupholder for my biggie coke from wendys combo meal.

That paints a funny picture....

"I got this cool bike from Speedway! Some guy left it sitting there, I jumped on and took 'er! Ain't it a cool bike?? Plus, there was a Keltec pistola taped under the seat!!"

Sorry buddy, can't help myself.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That paints a funny picture....

www.ecn.purdue.edu/ECN/OLDSITE/Course.catalogs/Stack/west/101099_bike_rider.jpg

"I got this cool bike from Speedway! Some guy left it sitting there, I jumped on and took 'er! Ain't it a cool bike?? Plus, there was a Keltec pistola taped under the seat!!"

Sorry buddy, can't help myself.

Lol I know you cant Craig

See you sunday buddy

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The only people making money on this are the oil companies themselves. Dont blame the local gas station owner, he's gettiong screwed worse then we are.

your right as i have a friend here is lebanon who runs a station. i am always kidding him about the price of gas and how he is raking in the bucks. he showed me his profit margin. if he gets a nickle a gallon he is happy. it all goes to the big oil companies. there is the cost of crude and to refine it but hell.

this really sucks......

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#24]
3.199 in Newtown today

Was told also UDF was limiting fill ups to $75.  That's barely more than my 4 banger S-10 holds.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

What kind of milage can you squeeze out of your quad?  Its already got the holder for a 40
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What kind of milage can you squeeze out of your quad?  Its already got the holder for a 40

I dont know but it would be a perfect SHTF vehicle. Get some 1919's mounted front to back with a dried out lions head to go on the headlight and a hyena strapped to the cargo rack! Come get some!
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top