Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 4:51:08 PM EDT
With all the hype of new un-neutered (non-listed) lowers available, I ran into a funny situation. I am selling a Vulcan pinned mag lower, you know, the one the DOJ approved. I have called 2 dealers about trying to transfer. I explained the item and the letter that accompanies it. They were familiar with it, but won't touch it .  I'm actually having a harder time transferring a Vulcan than a "real" lower. What the hell is going on here? Strange times!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd hang on to it. If DOJ lists the vulcan V15 you might regret selling it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree, I wouldn't sell anything until the smoke clears and we know if they are even going to update the list.  

At this point everyone is assuming that it will happen, but it's all fueled by one agent at a gun show that shot off his mouth.  For all we know they were just trying to bait us into paying many DROS fees. ;)

Reading the boards in the last 2 weeks has become a real pain, many newbs that are posting like crazy about trying to get in before the list is updated... and "what if" situations.  It's made me spend time with my family instead of surfing.

Hope for the best, expect the worst (or nothing).
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:19:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
At this point everyone is assuming that it will happen, but it's all fueled by one agent at a gun show that shot off his mouth.  For all we know they were just trying to bait us into paying many DROS fees.

Yeah.  I'm buying a couple lowers, and the worst thing the DoJ could do would be to ignore them!  If they don't list them, I'd have to sell them since I have little interest in building any more fixed-magazine ARs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top