Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2007 8:35:51 PM EDT
Hey guys just wanted to ask about a gun I am purchasing.what do you guys think of the fn fs 2000? Please respond and thank you for your time.   John
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 9:11:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Never shot one, but my impression from handling them is nothing but positive
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I own one and quite like it except for 2 thingsL

1- TERRIBLE trigger pull. It's gotta be over 10 lbs and is the worst feeling trigger I've ever shot. I'm not particularly sensitive to triggers but if you shoot the FS2000 and a garden-variety AR back-to-back you'll be sorely disappointed in the FS2000.

2- I bought it realizing that it wasn't intended as a tack driver but it has what I consider very mediocre accuracy. I only shoot surplus but at 100yds it's at least 1MOA wider pattern than my AR (again back to back with my 16"AR frankenrifle). So from maybe 3-4MOA to 4-5MOA. A little disappointing there as well. Although some people have reported 1-2MOA with match ammo so who knows.

Certainly it handles well and is pretty ergonomic but I think it's overpriced for what it is. I bought it because I've always wanted a bullpup and I like the fact that FN actually brought this to market.

You'll need a scope (Eotech, aimpoint or similar) since the factory sights are really best for backup.

It's fun to shoot, not too bad to clean and people are very curious about it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:25:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I dunno...  I just can't get into the whole bullpup thing.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:20:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I like them, coolest looking gun to come off the assembly line in a long time in my opinion. The fact that it takes AR mags is nice to.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I've shot it - its nice but I just think its too bulky ...
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I am looking to purchase one too. May I ask how much you paid for and where did you find it. It is very hard to find one in Palm Beach area... Thanks,
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I've shot one. it seems really well refined and its a handloaders dream due to its unigue ejection of spent rounds.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I like so much about that rifle...just not the price people expect to get for it
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I wanted to like it but when I handled it, no go. The thing is fat and the sights are small. I want to like a bullpup but so far the ones I've handled just don't did it for me. The AUG is the best but still takes some getting use to.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:31:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought it from jessie at tactical weapons in fort myers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top