Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2008 10:24:11 AM EDT
anyone know where around the fort smith area i can get a barrel threaded for a comp?
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
anyone know where around the fort smith area i can get a barrel threaded for a comp?

I don't know of any place in Ft Smith that does gunsmith work. There is a sizeable shop on Zero st called The Tackle Box that seems to be trying to attract more than just Fudds. It would be worth a phone call to find out if they can hook you up.

What sort of barrel is it that you need threaded?

Link Posted: 6/28/2008 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#2]
i have hk sl8-1 and a dpms lr-308. i know the guys in the tackle box. one of the guys was my peewee baseball coach.

better yet who in ark could do it? i could always mail the barrels to'm.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 3:50:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Woody Hogan at Bullseye Gunsmithing on Midland Ave.

CP in Bonanza
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 6:35:23 AM EDT
[#4]
you'll pay twice as much at the Tackle Box, if they could do it. I reccomend Bullseye. I just had Secondary Machine Shop thread a 10/22 barrel. their number is 782-7755-- ask for Stacy, hes the owner and had it done in two days.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Woody does good work.

Jason at the Tackle Box does my NFA transfers.

CP
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#6]
anyone know how much they charge at bullseye to do that?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:

You might also want to try Fugetts on Greenwood Ave.  forgot the phone number, but he does excellent work.  

There use to be Mansells on towson ave. but he passed or just got out of business... not sure which one.

Good luck and good shooting.
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 9:05:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Bullseye is the place to go. For something simple like barrel threading I doubt he'd charge more than $80 he shortened a barrel for me for $60 a couple years ago. He's a great guy he'll talk your ear off though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2008 6:52:55 AM EDT
[#9]

"There use to be Mansells on towson ave. but he passed or just got out of business... not sure which one."

Mansell is in prison for molesting a 10 year old girl. He got 20 years with 18 suspended and is being paroled next month.

Ben is still doing gun work at the shop, but I don't know if he can thread a barrel.
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 5:47:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I would also go with Fugett.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top