Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/9/2005 6:35:09 PM EDT
yeehaw!

I should be hitting it at 10 or so, told the wife to "wear comfortable shoes and pack a lunch"
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:46:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2005 8:47:08 PM EDT by jollyroger]
I'll probably be there a little later. With the recent purchase of that upper, I'll be mostly window shopping and finding "local market values" Unless of course I find a great deal that I cant live without.

luckypunk: Hopefully you'll be able to find a good deal and leave with a sweet new pistol
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:37:31 PM EDT
I'll probably show up around 9 or 10, I want to look at bipods for my AR and then some AK stuff. Need to keep my eyes open for an 1898 Krag Jorgensen carbine or rifle. I'd like to find one at a decent price that some clueless lame-ass hasn't carved up or "sportserized" in the past.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:13:13 PM EDT
Well, did you guys find anything cool? I only came home with a box of Winchester Ranger .40S&W, 180gr. hollow points. I couldnt believe how many A1's there were, and how cheap their AK mags were. I dont remember seeing AK 30 rounders for $8, but I guess its because I havent been to many gunshows since I bought my AK.

So...any good finds?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:26:25 PM EDT
Well, not on my end.

The prices seemed 15% higher for the certain firearms I was after.

The only buy that I saw was ammo, cases of wolf .223 for $120 or so and 1K of 9mm (in ammo can I think) for $89

the show just seems heavy on the milsurp crowd not a whole lot for ARs

I don't know what I was expecting though.

Anyone for a road trip to the next SHOT show?

BTW I met up with Spiff and he had some AK mags too
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:02:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2005 7:04:35 PM EDT by jollyroger]
SHOT show eh? It seems to be all the rage with some people here.

Oh Yeah!! Did I mention my mid-length is shipping out tomorrow?!? Hopefully it will get here by at least Thursday.

That's what it should look like, this is Talon Arms pic...not mine

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:56:00 PM EDT
I ended up with a couple of AK mags, another Romainian AK kit and a book. Man I love looking through all the books that dealer shows up with. The DPMS dealer had LC M193 for $209 per 1000. I almost bought an 11-87 Remington. But decided against it.

Just as an FYI, there is a guy on the corner of Orchard and Emerald, little hole in the wall company called Tiffany Enterprises, who is going to start making AK receivers this week. He said some should be available about mid week.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:06:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Spiff:
Just as an FYI, there is a guy on the corner of Orchard and Emerald, little hole in the wall company called Tiffany Enterprises, who is going to start making AK receivers this week. He said some should be available about mid week.

This is good to know, if I ever quit spending money on AR's...
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:32:28 AM EDT
They didn't seem to have a lot of stuff but I did find another Colt 45. Thought it made a nice 49th birthday present. Even if it was a 1991A1 it's a workable project gun. At least that's what my gunsmith seems to think.

http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL92/795862/6207315/111691294.jpg
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:55:49 PM EDT
Looks like a pretty peice. Hope you got a good price. I got to shoot spiffs springfield that looks l lot like that but with the checked (rosewood?) grips.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:06:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By luckypunk:
Looks like a pretty peice. Hope you got a good price. I got to shoot spiffs springfield that looks l lot like that but with the checked (rosewood?) grips.

I thought all things considering $500 was not too bad. My Commander cost me closer to $800 but it's been tricked out pretty heavily so I didn't have to do anything to it (though I think I need to give it a slightly heavier trigger pull - it's a bit too light even for me). Got a set of checkered rosewood grips to put on it if I can just remember where I stashed them...then again I just may put the Ironwood grips on it instead.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:02:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TeresaLynn:
I thought all things considering $500 was not too bad. My Commander cost me closer to $800 but it's been tricked out pretty heavily so I didn't have to do anything to it (though I think I need to give it a slightly heavier trigger pull - it's a bit too light even for me). Got a set of checkered rosewood grips to put on it if I can just remember where I stashed them...then again I just may put the Ironwood grips on it instead.

A Commander eh? Well I guess your just going to have to post pics of that too.
Page Hometown » Utah
Top Top