Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 6/14/2003 4:51:26 AM EDT
As a few of the Ohio guys may already know, a few months ago, the legislators, said that due to the economy of the state and the budget deposit, they were just to busy to address the issue of CCW but in todays newspaper they stated that Ohio has no state amphibian, so they are going to take the time to address the issue in legislation and name the American toad as Ohio's state amphibian. No time to address CCW laws, but time enough on their hands to do bullshit like that, makes one proud to be a Ohioian
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:21:56 AM EDT
But toads are people too
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:14:33 AM EDT
Oh I've been all over Jim Jordan about it. Believe me.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:24:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/14/2003 8:25:25 AM EDT by mmsig229]
Don't you mean trolls are people too???? PS why aren't you at GR today???!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:34:59 AM EDT
I'm so tired of them side-stepping the CCW issue. "Let's all get re-elected, then we'll deal w/ the taboo stuff." Nobody can do what's right or just, they all have to play their little political games.

Any word on when they'll pick the issue back up?
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:26:15 AM EDT
Taken off of the Ohioans for Concealled Carry website:

House Bill 12 has been added to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Criminal Justice's agenda for invited testimony, possible amendments, and a possible vote out of committee on Tuesday, June 17 at 11:00 a.m. in Room 110, Second Floor, Senate Building. If necessary, the hearing may continue after session in the Senate Finance Hearing Room.

The purpose for Tuesday's hearing for HB12 is, essentially, to publicly consider and vote on potential amendments to the bill as passed by the House, and to vote to pass the amended bill to the Senate floor.

Sounds like things could start really moving on tuesday. Things are looking good.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:25:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mmsig229:
Don't you mean trolls are people too???? PS why aren't you at GR today???!!!

Its Boating season.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:53:30 AM EDT
I can sleep better now...does that mean the toads can carry?
I wonder how many I squish to and from work?
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top