Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2011 7:00:41 AM EDT
I stopped at a Menards (in Rhinelander) last night on my way home from work. I had my Menards Big Card yearly "rebate" check with me, good for $26. I needed a new hand bellows for my wood stove... but they were all sold out. I saw some LED flashlights on sale, 2 for $13.99, and my wife needed a small flashlight to carry in her pocket while she walks our Lab after she gets home from work. She doesn't like the twist-on switch of my Surefire G2s (I have 3). So I bought the 2-pk of the LED lights.

WOW!!!  I was blown away by the brightness, and the 4-way tailcap push-button switch (low - high - strobe - S.O.S.).  They are much brighter on high than my Surefire G2s, and all my other flashlights too (Coast LED Lenser, Streamlight Twin-Task, Brinkman Maxfire included) and are about the same size as the G2 or Twintask. The LED is a Cree, and they use 3 AAA alkaline batteries (batteries not included). They are all aluminum, the beam is focusable, and they seem to be well made. But at such a low price, I know durability might be an issue... but the price sure is good, and makes it an excellant light to stick in your glovebox.  I intend to pick up another twin pack next time I'm at a Menards. If you've got a current Menards sales flyer, they are on page 5.

Just thought I'd pass this "find" along.

edit to add: the package says they have a "limited lifetime warranty". "If, during normal use, this Guidesman product breaks or fails due to a defect in material or workmanship, simply return the product to a Menards store for a free replacement of the same or similar Guidesman product."
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:50:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics so I can ID in store?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:14:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:14:43 AM EDT
[#3]
These are shown on page 5 of the current flyer (as stated by the OP).

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the ad posting both of you - I'll stop there on my way home tonight.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I got a set of two just like it at COSTCO. The plastic gizmo that keeps the 3 tripleA's split on one of them in the first week. They are bright.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info stopped and picked up a pair nice bright flashlights for the price.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:15:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Got my check $34 big :)
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:06:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

http://menards.inserts2online.com/MenardsMenards01302011SuperSaleII/breakouts/b729645_14.jpg

Wow on the idea and timing there.  I win!!  
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I got a set of two just like it at COSTCO. The plastic gizmo that keeps the 3 tripleA's split on one of them in the first week. They are bright.

I have found this to be the case with both cheapo and moderately priced LED flashlights with the "carrier" –– they tend to be thin to keep the size down and are a common failure point.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have found this to be the case with both cheapo and moderately priced LED flashlights with the "carrier" –– they tend to be thin to keep the size down and are a common failure point.

I had a similar problem with one I bought at an Ace Hardware a while back. The battery holder broke, and later the threads stripped out after the third battery change. These atleast look a bit better made.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:59:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a similar problem with one I bought at an Ace Hardware a while back. The battery holder broke, and later the threads stripped out after the third battery change. These atleast look a bit better made.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Same here.  The Ace Hardware flashlight was the biggest POS of them all.  It wasn't as inexpensive at the time.  I exchanged it –– which to their credit they did after the fact with no complaints –– I hadn't kept the receipt for a flashlight.  It was marked Ace so shouldn't be any question there.  It seemed like a nice solid quality LED light and this was when LED flashlights with "quality" single LED's like Luxeon (pre-Cree) were becoming mainstream.  The second one broke too.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:28:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://menards.inserts2online.com/MenardsMenards01302011SuperSaleII/breakouts/b729645_14.jpg

Wow on the idea and timing there.  I win!!  

Darn!  Should have left the text off! Could have saved the 8 seconds.
Good job.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:49:22 AM EDT
[#13]
After cleaning up most of the snow, I took a trip out to Menards, and picked some up. Lifetime warranty exchange at the store is a plus!

For general use, it will be a lot cheaper to feed these than my Surefires!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top