Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2015 3:03:06 PM EDT
Does anyone have any first hand news about the fire around alder lake?  Looks like it's growing, and I heard rumor that there was a fire in the Elbe hills too, but didn't see anything about it online.

Is there a way to volunteer to help the fire crews in any way?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:28:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Several fires going..The Newhalem complex up in Skagit and the Jumbo in the Darrington area seem to be the largest so far.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:20:07 PM EDT
[#2]
http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/state/49/

Up to date fire information, fire by fire.  Active fires are usually updated 1-2 times per day.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Drove right past the Alder Lake fire a couple days ago. It is isolated to the Lewis county side of the lake. The problem with the area of the fire was that it was very steep terrain and far from roads. I have heard a old logging road was cleared and they are getting better access. Last I heard it had burned over 200 acres.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:11:21 PM EDT
[#4]
http://gacc.nifc.gov/nwcc/information/firemap.aspx

If you zoom in on the map it shows the actual fire boundaries.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:22:48 AM EDT
[#5]
well it's starting to pour rain a bit here in the south sound so hopefully that will be the end of it for now.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 2:30:06 AM EDT
[#6]
The fires are extremely dire here in eastern wa. We're expecting a bunch of wind tomorrow..oh joy.. Lots of displaced people in stevens, ferry, okanogan and chelan counties.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got back from the Yakima area. Very very dry out there. Wind and scattered showers all weekend. I've been out of touch, did the recent winds spread the fires, or did the associated rain help slow them down?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top