Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/11/2005 6:17:33 PM EDT
When are they going to start scanning people's fingerprints at the gun stores in Massachusetts? I've seen the equipment laying around forever. What are they waiting for? Lets get this party started. Thank goodness I have a collection of severed hands in the freezer.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:23:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By toepopper:
Thank goodness I have a collection of severed hands in the freezer.

Hey! Me too!

<­BR>

Oh, I thought you typed, "heads." Nevermind.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:22:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:13:55 AM EDT
Myself,I am looking forward to retina scanning when I go to buy groceries.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:12:16 AM EDT
My town is still giving out the old style permits so it will be a while I would think.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:25:22 PM EDT
Four Seasons does it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:21:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By west996:
Four Seasons does it.

I think they only do it if you have one of the new type licenses. I was just issued (renewal) the old type form my town, so I'll have that for 6 years unless I "lose" it and have to get a replacement in a couple of years, when we finally get the new hardware up and running...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:56:01 PM EDT

Four Seasons does it.

The Gun Room in Shrewsbury does not, nor does K&R in Hudson (nice little shop, BTW). I have one of the new licenses with the fingerprint on it, from Northborough.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:24:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Emoto:

Four Seasons does it.

I think they only do it if you have one of the new type licenses. I was just issued (renewal) the old type form my town, so I'll have that for 6 years unless I "lose" it and have to get a replacement in a couple of years, when we finally get the new hardware up and running...

You are correct....only with the new licenses.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:00:14 AM EDT
I had the new license when I lived in MA (moved to God's country this summer) and I never had to provide a fingerprint when purchasing anything at Four Season's, the Gun Room or Dick's in Worcester. I've purchased guns, ammo and misc accessories at all those stores.

There must be another reason or qualifier.... Maybe the system is setup yet?
Top Top