Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 1/4/2006 12:58:54 PM EDT
anbody know about it just heard a add on the radio it sounds good is anyone familier with the place
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I went there today, they only had about ten guns actually for sale. They had deomos to look at, they seemed like they were very high priced on lights and stuff like that, for example M3 lights, I have seen for sale for $129.99, they were selling them for $200. But they are nice guys.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#4]
they are on about 13500 south minuteman drive, just off the freeway on the eastside.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Some of you may recognize the owners from their screen names:  Pvt Pyle and Correia(he posts mostly over on the High Road).

I can't comment on their prices, as I haven't shopped for anything through them.  I would suggest that if their prices aren't too far out of line, you may want to consider supporting them.  Their goal is to run a gun store the way it should be.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#7]
They will be selling suppressors and other class III stuff.  They had the best customer service for any gunstore I have ever been in.  

You can see their sign from the freeway.  Take the 126th so exit and get on the frontage road (minuteman dr) on the east side of the freeway, they are at about 135th so next to the boat shop.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:01:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I've shot with Larry for quite a while at the UDPL matches. He is a really good guy and a lot of fun to talk with. I stopped in Monday and looked around. They are just getting stocked up but they intend to do like MiniZ said, they want to do it right.

Larry mentioned that they are putting together large buy for RRA, so if there is a rifle, parts, or anything else you are interested in, talk to them and maybe they can help you out and you can support a local shop.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:02:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Google is your friend.

FBMG

I forgot to mention in my previous post, they are a little light on the AR-side of things, but they offer a lot of other evil toys, AK's, H&K, etc.

ETA: If anyone is interested in CCW, talk to Larry. He offers CCW classes.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I still think that Get Some is a the best black gun store around. But, there is room for another store I hope they do well!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Do you know how much he charges for CCW'S?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I still think that Get Some is a the best black gun store around. But, there is room for another store I hope they do well!

I like Get Some too. Now they have a pretty good selection of stuff, but when they first opened they didn't have a lot of stuff on hand either.

Do you know how much he charges for CCW'S?

I don't know, I had mine before he was licensed. Call him, the link is in my last post.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Just cruising the dude's website. Looks pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#15]
You are right about the selection, I wish FBMG all the luck , and I will support them also!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:37:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Some of the prices are a little high but I agree with support the local gays. It is worth 5-8% just to have them around.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#17]
For the record I swung by there today and was really impressed. The guys that run it really know their stuff, and it's all about black rifles. They have everything from a transferable RR CAR-15 with an OEM sight to the latest trijicon tri-powers on M4s with silencers. Great great deals on gear too. More gear you can shake a stick at. I will definately be in there regularly.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Some of the prices are a little high but I agree with support the local gays. It is worth 5-8% just to have them around.

They are a gay gun store?

-Ben
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are a gay gun store?

-Ben

Excuse me all to hell.....bad typo....gotta get new glasses
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Larry taught my CCW class for just 3 friends and myself and even drove down to Utah county to my friend's house to teach the class with a quick range session after.  I think he charged us $10 a person, quite the deal and a great teacher.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Where is Get Some.  I am just getting back to the great world of the black rifle.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#22]
they are on 7259s 700 west. I was in there today and they just got some VLTOR rails in.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:44:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for the reviews guys. We are always looking for comments on how we can improve our store and service.

As stated, the light prices were really high. Not anymore. When you give the list to help and tell them this is the price sheet, they do exactly that. They may still be a bit high for online, but not for a local store.

On the subject of demo's vs. actual items for sale, they are spot on. We have good number of demos and a number that you can walk out with. That said, more and more guns come in for inventroy every week. There are a few important things to keep in mind though. When you want it, we order it right then on the spot, not like other local dealers who will wait weeks or months to get it ordered for you. With shipping times like they are, you order on Tuesday and zero it on Saturday (providing the manufacturer has it in stock of course...).

The other thing to remember about us is that we came into this with no business loan. We looted our personal accounts to open, and come hell or high water will make it work. We did this for several reasons, part of which being that we may have to go lean on inventory to start but can offer competitive pricing. No SBA loan payment looming over our heads to pressure us into pressuring you into making a purchase. Thru a strong firearms background and superior customer service we will grow and offer better selections as time goes on.

Our CCW classes are now $40, and can be booked thru Cabelas, or thru our online shopping cart begining Feb 1st. We are conducting all of Cabelas' firearms training except one HSE class.

Please stop in and say hello and by all means give us your feedback, good and bad. Ande PLEASE park in the Ramada parking lot. Our landlord gets upset when she can't park in her selected stall, while the Ramamda does not mind at all.

BTW 801.571.1160 is the phone number.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for the reviews guys.  It is always nice to receive feedback.  This week will be our one month anniversary of opening the doors.  The inventory is growing, and word is starting to get out about us.  We've got lots of neat things lined up, and 2006 should be a really exciting year.

We're always open to feedback, whether it is about selection, prices, or especially service.  Like MiniZ and Homer said, we are out to do this right.  

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:28:18 PM EDT
[#26]
James is "PvtPyle".
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Guilty as charged.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#28]
i tried to check them out on monday but i guess they decided to stay home
very helpfull over the phone tho. (Need AK reciever! )
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#29]
We're open Tuesday-Saturday 10-7.  We're closed Monday and Sunday.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm glad to see you guys have a store!  I remember meeting you a couple gun shows ago where you were very helpful and friendly.  I look forward to stopping by sometime.  Good luck!
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top