Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 10/2/2005 3:09:11 AM EDT
1.) Rapidfire in troy , never have had a gun problem with any gun they've built, have yet to make it there without wife behind me. Smart money is if they built it, it will last. I'm on number 3 in the AKs

2.) Vance's near columbus, as friendly and well stocked as it gets

3.) Superior products or gun4ever.com near cable, I have asked that man over 1000 of the dumbest questions, he has always answers and is very polite.

4.) Olde English in Tipp City, geared towards the hunter
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:34:17 AM EDT
[#1]
My fav is Butts and Barrels in Springfield, their prices aren't the best, but there're better than any shop in Dayton, including Gander Mountain. Lon has great service and is very knowledgable. IMO, all the shops in Dayton have asshats for owners.

I've been givin to understand ORF is getting out of retail. Never bought anything other than ammo from them, no complaints.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:55:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Atwels in painsville, Great store, even if you just stop in to BS.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:56:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Ohio Rapid Fire was my favorite. I hate to see them go out of retail. ALL the shops here up in Mansfield are overpriced and THe Sportsmans Den employees and owner are fucktards.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:17:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Heard nothing about them going out of retail, just moveing to a larger facility... There is a new show just south of  Olde English near the intersection of 40 and N. Dixie..... Its called Vandelia Tactical. They seem to be a little steep on prices but they have a nice selection and a butt load of reasonably priced holsters. Seem to carry alot of quality items. Example of priceing though, they had a Para Warthog marked at 879.00, I got the same gun at a recent Hara Arena Goodmans show for 639.00 plus tax new in box.....
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:35:07 AM EDT
[#5]
+1 for guns4ever in cable. the owner is a nice guy and very helpful. i dont mind driving an hour each way for a helpful person, but i wont drive around the block for a dipshit....

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#7]
No, they all suck. I live closest by Fin Feather Fur Outfitters, and they are expensive. Heck just going up the stairs to see their guns pisses me off.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
No, they all suck. I live closest by Fin Feather Fur Outfitters, and they are expensive. Heck just going up the stairs to see their guns pisses me off.

Fin Feather Fur outfitters is a decent shop but waaaay overpriced. I wonder what they would do if I took in one of their ads that is always in the paper with that Chinese AK-47 and tell them that I want THAT one for $350.00 and not the Romanian WASR-10 that I know they are selling.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:58:22 AM EDT
[#9]
guys you gotta check out one shot. there a class act. 6871 main st. newtown oh 45244. 1-513-233-0885. they also do the bill goodmans gun show in dayton. they will be at knob creek ky for the big machine gun shoot. chris is a great guy to do business with. if you dont see what your looking for just ASK. chris may find it for you.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Buckeye Outdoors in Hebron is a good shop. It's a sister store to Vances, so same prices but they have more stuff and are in a MUCH nicer area. The service is very good there too....they are willing to deal with you, too.

I like Fin Feather & Fur in Ashland. They're not always cheap on guns, but they're well stocked, have a great reloading section and occasionally sell something cheaper than anyone else. I remember bull-barrel Armalite AR's selling there not too long ago for $699. They also have had Blazer 9mm for $4.99 for the last year or so, which is as good as you can do mail order BEFORE shipping.

J. Cunards in Newark is a neat little shop, tho his hours are weird. It's a gunsmiths shop but there are always some very neat and very collectible guns sitting out, and Joe that runs the place is a nice old guy to talk to.

Aumillers in Westerville is a neat shop, but the toys are out of my league unfortunately.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#11]
What is near Cinncy?

I am coming in for a weekend of business and always love to drool over eye candy

Chris
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#12]
One Shot is in Newtown, on the east side of Cincinnati.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#13]
+2 for Atwell's, they are a great place to deal with, and as stated a great place just to BS.  I've been going there since I was about 15 years old, back when they still had the indoor range...which on a sidenote I really wish they would re-open.  I don't care much for going to BigBore(or whatever the new place is)
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Another one for Buckeye Outdoors.

I was there today spending a lil money.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#15]
uafgrad there is a bill goodmans gun & knife show oct 8-9. thats this weekend. its just north of cincy at the sharonville convention center. i-75 exit 15. you will see the signs.  check out www.gunshow.net if you need more info call chris over at one shot. he can hook you up. 1-513-233-0885.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll give a BIG +1 for Atwell's.  Best Firearms has a pretty good selection as far as handguns and paramilitary rifles.  I've also had lots of luck at the gun shows with Jim Balogh of Black River Gunsmithing.

Big Bore in Eastlake has gone down the tubes since it came under new ownership a couple of years ago.  Their selection sucks and the prices are way too high.

Speaking of which, does anyone remember Ordnance Gun Works in Eastlake, before they closed up shop a few years back?

- PM
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I remember Ordinance as well.  Wasn't that located in mentor on the lake at one time?There's another gun store further east on vine st. almost in Willoughby.  The selection seems small but it looks like it may have some potential.  Price wise they were ok.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
uafgrad there is a bill goodmans gun & knife show oct 8-9. thats this weekend. its just north of cincy at the sharonville convention center. i-75 exit 15. you will see the signs.  check out www.gunshow.net if you need more info call chris over at one shot. he can hook you up. 1-513-233-0885.

Thanks
I don't get in until 10/14 and leave 10/17.  Not a whole lot of time, but enough to drool over something I would bet
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#19]
B & T Shooting Supplies for guns, and Ammunitionstore.com for ammo.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks
I don't get in until 10/14 and leave 10/17.  Not a whole lot of time, but enough to drool over something I would bet

Well, Bill Goodman show in Dayton that weekend... card came in mail.  The 8/9 show is Sharonville, north side of Cincy,  and Target World around the corner from there, and west a couple mile on 275 from Sharonville is a Bass Pro .
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:30:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

B&T?

Bunch of A$$ holes, dislike cops and will try to rip you off the first chance they get.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Brass tactics in Eastlake, near 91 on vine.  Prices are average, but the help I recieved was terrific.  Not pushy and they like to B.S.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:23:25 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

B&T?

Bunch of A$$ holes, dislike cops and will try to rip you off the first chance they get.

Good thing I'm not a cop. Rich always treats me great.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Another one for Buckeye Outdoors.

I was there today spending a lil money.

Good store, every time I go the wallet is lighter when I leave.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#26]
any decent place to p/u reloading supplies in the cinncy area?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#27]
I have been lead astray at the sportsman's den in Shelby.  They beat fin on nearly everything I have priced.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#28]
The Sportsman's Den in Shelby will almost always beat the Fin for gun prices--and by a large margin.  However, as has been mentioned in this thread, they can be cold.  If you frequent there, they will begin to recognize your face and suddenly you're "in."  

Not the right way to do business, but it has been my experience there.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:58:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Barnes Guns in Lancaster and Buckeye Outdoors in Hebron.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top