Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2005 7:42:20 PM EDT
I will soon have my 3rd CMP M1 Garand.  I don't really "need" 3 of them, just got caught up with Garanditis for a few months.  Anyways, buddy of mine at work wants to buy one of my M1s that was made in the same year he was born.  If I allow it to be pulled away, do we need to run down to the MD State Police and do an x-fer or can he just pay me the cost and I tearfully let the M1 leave my safe?  I'm thinking no MD SP visit is required.

Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]
M1 Garand and M1 Carbine are non-regulated meaning that you don't need to involve anyone but you and him. M1A a.k.a. semi auto M14 are regulated meaning that they are treated like a pistol thus legal transfer at FFL or MSP barrack is required.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#2]
How much are the CMP m1s?  Are all the good one gone now, or is it hit or miss?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies guys.

Last one I ordered was $520 for a Greek SA SG.  The last one I got had pretty crappy wood, but great metal and otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How much are the CMP m1s?  Are all the good one gone now, or is it hit or miss?

The really good deals are done.  BUT, they are still much cheaper than buying from a gunshow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top