Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2012 12:31:37 PM EDT
Have any of the HTF friends used their rifles/kits? My girl says she wants an ar and am on a budget and saw tjeir kits for 400$ i know there is better out there but this seems to be the best bang for the buck as already have a lower i could use.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#1]
2 years ago on their Black Friday sale,  I got a shorty upper from them for my m16.....it has been great.
No issues....I have even used it in class....no hiccups, no problems.

IMHO, they are G2G.
Good bang for the buck.

Disclaimer - YMMV
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I had their upper as part of my first AR I had built. Good stuff for the money, and I never had a problem with mine. Only reason I sold it was due to me wanting quality over quantity of my firearm collection.

I also would check out PSA.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:32:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I also had one as the upper on my first AR. I was happy with it. Mine did have a little burr in the chamber that would cause some cases to stick, but I took care of that with a $25 chamber hone (any excuse to buy a tool), and never had a problem after that. Mine was a 16" mid-length.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I've owned several of their stripped lowers - never had issues with any of them, either in building them out or in function.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never had any issues with them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#6]
thats awesome, i was so jacked up when she said she wanted one i cant wait to finish my new sbr and get hers built
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#7]
have a del ton complete lower that runs like a clock.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 10:28:38 PM EDT
[#8]
My first AR was a delton. I used it quite a bit, never had any issues... Just know that you're not buying a noveske or some other fancy name brand and you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:36:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Have any of the HTF friends used their rifles/kits? My girl says she wants an ar and am on a budget and saw tjeir kits for 400$ i know there is better out there but this seems to be the best bang for the buck as already have a lower i could use.

mixmaster,

Earlier this year I saw an article on Del-Ton rifles in general and it was noted that they're pretty good for the money. I myself don't feel they're any less better than perhaps a Bravo rifle.
Currently I'm getting ready for the big show in your town coming up very soon. I wonder if Del Ton might be there cuz I want to get myself a shorty upper with a long flash surpressor/5.5" to make it legal here in Cali. Otherwise I'll be seeing Model 1 Sales as I know thery're always there in the big last building with the machine guns.

Impala

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:38:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a couple of friends who have bought DT's and haven't had no complaints with the carbines.  They both easily digested Tula, Wolf, Silver Bear and all the brass type cartridges.  There was some FTF with the Tula, but was mainly attributed to the ammo and not the carbine.  I looked them over and couldn't see no noticeable differences between it and my BCM.  For a plinker and general fun gun, it seems to work just great.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:07:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I got my Del-Ton upper a few years ago. Bought in Feb, took till May. Every other manufacture was having the same issues as well. So nothing out of the ordinary for the shipping. One I got notice it was built, I had it 3 days later. So that's saying something on getting them out.

Have about 2500 rounds thru it. Eats Silver Bear, Brown Bear, Tula, Wolf, Herter's, MFS, and pretty much any brass I use as well. No problems with mag's either. Runs good.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:12:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

mixmaster,

Earlier this year I saw an article on Del-Ton rifles in general and it was noted that they're pretty good for the money. I myself don't feel they're any less better than perhaps a Bravo rifle.
Currently I'm getting ready for the big show in your town coming up very soon. I wonder if Del Ton might be there cuz I want to get myself a shorty upper with a long flash surpressor/5.5" to make it legal here in Cali. Otherwise I'll be seeing Model 1 Sales as I know thery're always there in the big last building with the machine guns.

Impala

Yeah I looked and everyone is sold out of kits, so i think im going to hit the show. This is my favorite show of the year I hope there wont be mass panic and I might be able to score her a kit for a decent price.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#13]
mixmaster,

Good luck to you at the show. My buddy and I won't roll in until around lunch hour. It'll be a six hour drive from Cali.

Impala
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#14]
i just found out i have to work that saturday but i plan to be there sunday.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Model 1 Sales - caveat emptor

As nice as my Del-Ton is, and for all the good stuff I have heard about Del-ton, I cannot say the same for Model 1.....do your research and due diligence.

I have nothing at stake with either company.....
Again, YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:04:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

As nice as my Del-Ton is, and for all the good stuff I have heard about Del-ton, I cannot say the same for Model 1.....do your research and due diligence.

Again, YMMV.

I have heard some not so good things about them, but it really seems to go both ways with the good and bad. I have heard to avoid them online because of bank cards getting compromised. At the gun show it it only cash.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:33:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Again, YMMV.

CowboyGunner,

When I go to the show I've always bought my uppers from Model 1. I actually bought three upper from them in the past and haven't had any issues with their stuff despite what I haear about buying/purchasing over their website. Usually I get the upper I want along with a charging handle and hard chrome bolt. All have worked fine for me and so far they haven't falen apart yet. I tried to get a Double Star but sometimes the price for a upper from them is a little steep.

Impala

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#18]
A lot of these up start brands have just as good of a product if not better than the big boys in the industry.  Deltoids and bcm and core 15 and psa have some amazing products.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:48:19 PM EDT
[#19]
A lot of these up start brands have just as good of a product if not better than the big boys in the industry.  Deltoids and bcm and core 15 and psa have some amazing products.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top