Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/9/2018 9:21:38 PM
Posted: 8/7/2018 10:19:41 AM EST
My land is just south of Bowling Green.

During the week I'm in Chesterfield.

I drive either 40/64 to 61 or 70 to 61 up and back.

I'd like to find a source[s] of pure gasoline to use in 2 cycle equipment.

Anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:22:32 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 11:00:20 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PursuitSS:
Pretty sure that MOST premium is ethanol free, Harley’s don’t like fuel with ANY ethanol.
View Quote
Nope, premium has ethanol in it. It didn't used to, but about 16-17 yrs ago the farmers pushed to have it added to EVERY grade. Then, they also had lobbied to REMOVE the notice stickers from the pumps for a while--now they're back on the pumps. If you get outside of the metro areas, you may be able to find some MFA stations without ethanol in premium grades. Best thing to look for is 100 octane near the race tracks--that won't have ethanol in it. Or go to the local airport and buy some 100LL--just tell them it's for your homebuilt or other aircraft (they're not supposed to sell it for non-aviation use.)

Easiest way to check for ethanol is to put a few tablespoons of water in a test tube, mark the height of the water, then fill the rest with fuel. Put your thumb over the top and shake it up. If the water level gets higher than your line (and appears slightly cloudy), you have ethanol in the fuel since alcohol mixes with water and petroleum doesn't.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 11:23:36 AM EST
HyVee gas stations clearly state that the 'Premium' contains no ethanol. That's the only place will I fill up my bike.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 11:49:36 AM EST
You can look at this website......but it's not always up to date.

https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=MO
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 12:32:24 PM EST
Quicktrips with the red handled pumps are ethanol free. Any gen2+ (the ones with kitchens) will have it
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 1:26:48 PM EST
Originally Posted By NegativeDust:
HyVee gas stations clearly state that the 'Premium' contains no ethanol. That's the only place will I fill up my bike.
View Quote
Did not know that.

Thank you.

Last fill on the Road King was alcohol free premium in Illinois. Two miles per gallon increase at highway speed including highway construction stop & stretch stop. Noticeably better performance, easier revving, smoother acceleration.

The Toyota FJ will get easy 20mpg with premium alcohol free gas.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 2:33:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/7/2018 2:35:23 PM EST by paul1911]
Originally Posted By ws-6:
Quicktrips with the red handled pumps are ethanol free. Any gen2+ (the ones with kitchens) will have it
View Quote
Can you please verify this is true for Stl metro. That isn’t what I have seen on the pumps.

OP for 2stroke mix I have been using pre mixed without ethanol you can buy it at most garden places or big box home places. Not ideal, they also sell one gallon pure gas in a can. Not cheap but u can get it.

I would get it up where you are and bring it down for the week.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 2:41:21 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 4:32:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By paul1911:

Can you please verify this is true for Stl metro. That isn’t what I have seen on the pumps.

OP for 2stroke mix I have been using pre mixed without ethanol you can buy it at most garden places or big box home places. Not ideal, they also sell one gallon pure gas in a can. Not cheap but u can get it.

I would get it up where you are and bring it down for the week.
View Quote
Per qt, only the red handle prem pumps are ethenol free. They pumps are also marked 0 ethenol. The regular prem they sell does have ethanol. Some places will not let them sell 0 ethanol gas.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 7:30:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/7/2018 7:33:13 PM EST by delorean]
Here's a link to Missouri Renewable fuels act that mandates in ethanol in all fuels, EXCEPT:

On January 1, 2008, the Missouri Renewable Fuel Standard becomes effective. Under this standard, all gasoline offered for sale in Missouri must contain 10% ethanol.
A few exemptions to the standard will allow gasoline without ethanol to be sold:
When ethanol blends purchased at wholesale exceed the price of gasoline
When selling premium unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 91 or higher
Gasoline sold at airports
Gasoline sold at marinas
Although premium is exempted from the requirement, it may be blended with ethanol.
Missouri does not require ethanol labeling on gasoline dispensers. Therefore, if a consumer has a specific application that requires a fuel without ethanol, the consumer must purchase premium unleaded gasoline with an octane of 91 or higher that is also advertised as not containing ethanol.
View Quote
https://agriculture.mo.gov/weights/fuel/renewablefuelstandard.php

So it might not be in 91+, but the absence of a sticker doesn't mean it isn't. Make sure you verify it's ethanol free with the alcohol test, or if the station specifically advertises it's ethanol free.

Also, I don't know if it's still in effect, but there used to be a clean air deal in STL and surrounding counties (STL, STL City, St. Charles, Jefferson, Franklin) that said all grades of automotive fuel had to have ethanol.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 9:09:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/7/2018 9:10:39 PM EST by AeroE]
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 11:06:54 PM EST
BP gas station in St Joe on belt and pickett has 93 octane pure gas
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 6:59:16 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/8/2018 7:00:25 AM EST by thorshammerblow]
As it has been said before HyVee has pure gas, also I have seen several Phillips 66 that have ethanol free.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 7:22:35 AM EST
Originally Posted By ws-6:

Per qt, only the red handle prem pumps are ethenol free. They pumps are also marked 0 ethenol. The regular prem they sell does have ethanol. Some places will not let them sell 0 ethanol gas.
View Quote
QT site has non ethanol gas as a search filter, but no QT stores in the bi state area, appear on their map. I wonder if they don’t update their site, or if they don’t offer locally. You got my hopes up, of being able to buy non ethanol BS without having to travel. I actually travel for work, but can never remember to bring a fuel can with me
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:26:07 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:05:28 AM EST
Originally Posted By Weekend_Hillbilly:

QT site has non ethanol gas as a search filter, but no QT stores in the bi state area, appear on their map. I wonder if they don’t update their site, or if they don’t offer locally. You got my hopes up, of being able to buy non ethanol BS without having to travel. I actually travel for work, but can never remember to bring a fuel can with me
View Quote
Every kc area store that i have stopped in the last year has it. That is all I run in my gto.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:14:21 AM EST
Originally Posted By AeroE:
The station at the intersection of highway 79 and highway 47 in Winfield is the place I buy ethanol free fuel.

It's on your way.
View Quote
Thanks.

It can be on my way, it's about 11 miles and 20-30 minutes longer than going straight up 61 but definitely a possibility.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:16:53 AM EST
Originally Posted By PursuitSS:
Here is a LINK to where to find Ethanol free gas in Missouri.
View Quote
Thanks, when I did a google search I found a different, similar site but it didn't list anything near Bowling Green.

Your site only shows 1, Casey's on business 61 in Bowling Green, but I just called and they do have pure gas.

Success
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 8:46:02 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 2:45:39 AM EST
Isn't there a Shell station on 61 right after you cross 54 in Bowling Green?

I've bought 93 octane there before several times when riding my bike.

My buddy lives just a few blocks around the corner and me and a few other guys would fill up there before meeting up with him and heading to Fast Eddies.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:34:44 PM EST
Is there any fuel additive that takes ethanol out of the gasoline?
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:40:07 PM EST
It doesn't remove it, it's just supposed to stabilize it. How it does it or if it's just snake oil, I dont know.
Top Top