Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 10:01:25 PM EDT
i heard that they just jacked any prepayed buys on the fn ps90 200+ bucks
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I know #1 and #2 (or is it #2 and #3?) on the waiting list at Discount.  #1 paid in full months ago, so he should be GTG.  I think #2 only put down a deposit.  I guess it all depends on what stipulations they had when the payments or deposits were made.  If someone paid in full months ago, their price should be honored.  The shop has had the cash for that time.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I dislike Discount quite a bit.... I was in there Saturday to look at a P90... well they would not let me handle it. "Display gun only" Funny thing is they let my friend handle it the day before. I am 27 and look about 22... He is going to be 40 next month... Never mind the fact that I had the cast to plop down on one and my friend didnt... Also Frank sometimes seems less knowlegable then he should be about a particular gun, when asking questions about it.

I would rather spend my money at Estate Arms in Bellevue, or even have
Joe

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I have pretty much given up an all shops..

FTF, If I want something bad enough, I have found if I just wait a bit it will be out there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have pretty much given up an all shops..

FTF, If I want something bad enough, I have found if I just wait a bit it will be out there.

+1

With the advent of the internet and the ability to locate any firearm in the country ( and at the lowest price ) I also have given up on nearly all gun shops also.

Overpriced items / sales tax / often lousy - rude service / lack of knowledge information ....... the list goes on.

I understand their need for profit & the luxury of 'item in stock / on hand' but, good gun shops sure seem to be the exception vs. the norm around here.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The internet had made it hard for ALL retail businesses. I can tell you about that. Still you have to be nice and know what you are talkig about when customers come into your store.

I have bought a couple of guns from Frank (at the Gunshows) but I have never been to their new store. I always got treated well from them, but I never needed to be scholled on the gun I was buying either. Hopefully they can turn around any shortcomings they have.

I agree with bigscrun. I buy things from gun shops even if I think I could save a few bucks by waiting to find it in a private sale sometimes just so I can support a business I want to see around years from now.

Is Discount Guns in Federal Way and Kirkland affiliated? If this is about the Kirkland store I have no opinion since I've not been there. I've never had any problems in Federal Way other than them trying to tell me what I wanted. I brushed it off since I knew what I wanted and just ignored the arrogance.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I dislike Discount quite a bit.... I was in there Saturday to look at a P90... well they would not let me handle it. "Display gun only" Funny thing is they let my friend handle it the day before. I am 27 and look about 22... He is going to be 40 next month... Never mind the fact that I had the cast to plop down on one and my friend didnt... Also Frank sometimes seems less knowlegable then he should be about a particular gun, when asking questions about it.

I would rather spend my money at Estate Arms in Bellevue, or even Wades..... I have heard that there is a new gun shop around the corner from Estate Arms but have not been there yet.

Joe

What hacks me off is they get in one PS90, and instead of delivering it to the first guy on the waiting list, who paid for one as soon as they were announced MONTHS ago, they decide to keep it for "display" purposes.  Then after everyone and their dog (except quattrojoe!) is done finger-banging the crap out of it, they'll sell it for "new" retail.  Admittedly, that #1 on the list is my friend, but still.

Oh, and I have no real desire to shoot one.  I've shot the full-auto P90 at Albany.  Kinda cool, but otherwise, BFD.....
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I have been there once.  Free hot dogs, hamburgers and soda.  Imangine that.  

I have talked to them at fun shows and I really rather buy from someone else.  Like Stokes!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Is Discount Guns in Federal Way and Kirkland affiliated?

Not in any way that I know of.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I figure that the PS90 will probably get banned sooner then later... so I want to get one before that happens....

Joe
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Discount Guns in Federal Way is a different company than Discount Gun Sales in Kirkland

Although Frank should not have been allowed to use the name as its too similar to Mo's shop.

I bought my USG there many months back. And even though I had been buying hardware from Frank when he sold out of his house in Education Hill in Redmond, his youngest son took exception to the fact that I was detail stripping the USG on the counter. Since he said it was too hard to take apart, he thought I was a No0b, and asked me to stop.

I got kinda pissed and told him I had just put my money down and Frank Jr, his older brother, was ringing me up.

I haven't been back since.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Not buying from them ever......I went in there to buy a Benelli SBE in Left hand since they are a Benelli Dealer  so no problem there right .....>Wrong, the proceed to ring me up at the MSRP price. I asked them if they could give me the same price that Sportco and Sportsmans Warehouse was listing the product and they said no...Basically, the difference was the sales tax.  I had bought ammo and XD 40 Mags from them in the past.
Needless to say I won't buy the gun in the gumball machine that helps the Schriners....
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
...Basically, the difference was the sales tax.

Your an idiot.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I know most of you folks are in the land of the lost (Pugetopolis is anywhere further north on I5 than Olympia), but if you are ever in the area, Bob's Sporting Gooods in Longview has always been tops for me.  I live about an hour away, but if I'm anywhere near there, I'll stop in.  Good service, no trouble with handling the merchandise, something is always on sale, and price negotiations are not discouraged.

www.bobsmerch.com/
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I have never had a problem with them and I have never heard of a gun shop that has made everyone happy. Are they still chiping in for a dealer membership or did they backout?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your an idiot.

Hope that helps.

He's the idiot?  Don't think so....
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your an idiot.

Hope that helps.

Expecting a small gun shop to beat a mega chain price is not very realistic.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:11:17 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your an idiot.

Hope that helps.

I dont see anything wrong with him asking...

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:16:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, but acting like they did him wrong because of it isn't very logical.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your an idiot.

Hope that helps.

Do you think that the reaction to them saying no is a little extreme though?

Not buying from them ever......I went in there to buy a Benelli SBE in Left hand since they are a Benelli Dealer so no problem there right .....>Wrong, the proceed to ring me up at the MSRP price. I asked them if they could give me the same price that Sportco and Sportsmans Warehouse was listing the product and they said no...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Do you think that the reaction to them saying no is a little extreme though?

Not buying from them ever......I went in there to buy a Benelli SBE in Left hand since they are a Benelli Dealer so no problem there right .....>Wrong, the proceed to ring me up at the MSRP price. I asked them if they could give me the same price that Sportco and Sportsmans Warehouse was listing the product and they said no...

Im not going to say "No", To each his own.

I would not have asked in the first place. Most of us are smart enough to know you dont pay MSRP on anything, if you look around.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Wow...two 'I hate Discount' threads in a month or so...lots of anger here folks.

Ive bought from them a few times now and kicked tires a whole lot more and got treated very nicely (every time). I must be living a charmed life or something. I dont think so though b/c I observed them being just as pleasant/helpful to all of the other customers in the store. That said Im sure they have their 'off' days too....just like I do.  I know this fall they expanded their store and put alot of effort into that. Having run a small business I can understand the amt of work and energy needed to pull that off. I can also imagine all of the baloney the counter guys go thru in a day. So, its not too hard for me to dismiss those bad days. I appreciate them staying (and expanding) in a business thats generally embattled. Theyre doing me a service by being in business just like I do them a service of buying from them. So far its worked out real well.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Charger01
You  obviously have an IQ of 82( Retard)  if you pay full retail on anything you buy. That's your perogative, and there's a jackass born everyday, thats what makes sales.

However, true retail is for suckers, if I am a small business competition is what you have to work with everyday. If you have a customer in your store willing to plunk down $1300 on a Shotgun and wait a week for it and $180 holds you back from completing that sale.  Then you work with that customer, because I may be back in to buy something else at full retail that nowone else has. Bottom line! Idiot

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Charger01
You  obviously have an IQ of 82( Retard)  if you pay full retail on anything you buy. That's your perogative, and there's a jackass born everyday, thats what makes sales.

However, true retail is for suckers, if I am a small business competition is what you have to work with everyday. If you have a customer in your store willing to plunk down $1300 on a Shotgun and wait a week for it and $180 holds you back from completing that sale.  Then you work with that customer, because I may be back in to buy something else at full retail that nowone else has. Bottom line! Idiot

Sales tax in Kirkland is 16%?! yikes!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#25]
If this is the same Discount Guns that I'm thinking of (Vancouver), I don't seem myself ever doing business with them.  A guy I worked with kept saying "Call them, tell them my name and they'll hook you up with a deal!".  Whatever.

So I call them finally, looking for an Aimpoint CompM2.  Normal price online for these things is anywhere from $405-419, that I've seen.  I talk to the guy, drop this other guy's name, and they say "Oh yeah yeah, I know so and so, what're you looking for?"

I tell them, and they drop a price tag of $470 on me.  

Fuck.  That.  Noise.

I can only imagine what their prices are for people they DON'T know.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#26]
No, the business being discussed here is in Kirkland and are in no way connected.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Charger01

Sales tax in Kirkland is 16%?! yikes!

]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Since were playing the math game here. $1349 MSRP  X 8.8% Kirkland Tax = $1467

$1349 - $ 180 for the other companies prices.  $1169 X 8.8%  = $1271.87

Savings $195.13

Roughly 13% off total cost.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:15:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Since were playing the math game here. $1349 MSRP  X 8.8% Kirkland Tax = $1467

$1349 - $ 180 for the other companies prices.  $1169 X 8.8%  = $1271.87

Savings $195.13

Roughly 13% off total cost.  

So did you buy the shotgun from one of the other companies? Was their price for the left hand model? Did they have it in stock?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Jafo

Yes, Yes and Yes.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:26:12 PM EDT
[#32]
I've made a couple of purchases from DSG...and haven't had a bad experience.  I've even gone in a kicked the tires a couple of times.  They've always been pleasant and helpful...not always the most knowledgeable but neither am I.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top