Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 6:19:46 PM EDT
Having been to several gun shows outside of California now, I notice a few things...

1. There are lots of individuals selling guns at gun shows. The ones outside of California tend to have excellent prices...In california, the prices seem to be very high...
case in point...
Cali gun show in Costa Mesa - there are few M1 garands walking around for sale by individuals ~800 +

Az gun show - several more individual sale Garands ~$500

2. Turner's has a Yugo SKS "On Sale" for "only" $219.00

Gun show outside of Cali...Yugo SKS's for $89...

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#1]
In the case of Turners I'd say your paying not only for their overhead but for all the bullshit that they have to go through to keep CalDOJ from crawling up their asses on a daily basis.

Other shops have thrown in the towel and given up.  They just keep selling everything that they can do so legally in this screwed up state and they do that by being totally anal (in a good way) about the rules and paperwork.

In "Free America" you have a choice and there are many dealers to choose from.  In the PRK it's supply and demand and the demand is still high and the supply is not as good.  Prices will always be higher under those conditions.

Out of the 17 firearms that I own, all but 2 have been purchased from Turners.  I might be able to shop around and save a few bucks, but it's not worth my sanity.  We've been VERY lucky in that almost everyone that we've dealt with (except the noobs) have known their shit.  Even the noobs, along with the old-timers, have provided outstanding customer service.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Geez I really miss Turners (used to live in S. Cal). In the Bay Area we have a few dealers that offer good deals from time to time. About 9 months ago I got a SAI M1A with walnut stock for $1089. I have seen Glocks advertised here for $475.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:47:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:00:33 AM EDT
[#4]
as i've said before and say again, it is all about getting your stuff online.  i HIGHLY recommend going though www.galleryofguns.com  their prices are better than turner's like 90% of the time.  they have a search on their page to find a FFL close to you.  if your in the LA area check out  my friend leo at  west coast guns .  i purchased my mossberg 590 through him and he has done a transfer for me.  nice guy, w/ good turn around times.  i have found that by going through a private dealer i can get better prices and service than going to turners.  

happy hunting.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top