Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/15/2013 2:22:08 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/15/2013 5:25:08 AM EST by RolandDeschain]
Deleted
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:34:39 AM EST
Shoveled?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:46:10 AM EST
think before you speak is what my Grandmother used to say.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:52:30 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By highspeedforlife:
Shoveled?
View Quote

nope. between me and my neighbors, we tracked somebody down that will take us on contract and plow us out for the season. our contract guy that has been plowing our road for the last couple years bailed. i had been picking up the slack, but my truck is in the shop and we got darn near a foot on the ground. we are now plowed out and all is good.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:54:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/15/2013 7:55:19 AM EST by RolandDeschain]
Originally Posted By fp1201:
think before you speak is what my Grandmother used to say.
View Quote

i always do. i have been known to edit my post several times before posting it. i had asked if anyone in the spencerport area had a plow and if they were able to plow for ammo.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:33:13 AM EST
I am in Syracuse or would have been there.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:26:57 AM EST
You pay to have your road plowed? Here in Putnam Co they will plow private roads. Under the 911 rules the road must be passable for emergency services. So if the home owners are unable to have the road plowed and maintained it falls to the county.
I know this because opposite my home is a private road. It is unpaved and unmaintained But the County is here all the time regrading and crowning the road as well as plowing it in winter months. When I questioned the Town board about this the 911 rules were quoted. And they will not even consider leveling a fee to the home owners. And you can be sure everyone of them on that road can afford this
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:24:00 AM EST
Originally Posted By gatkeper:
You pay to have your road plowed? Here in Putnam Co they will plow private roads. Under the 911 rules the road must be passable for emergency services. So if the home owners are unable to have the road plowed and maintained it falls to the county.
I know this because opposite my home is a private road. It is unpaved and unmaintained But the County is here all the time regrading and crowning the road as well as plowing it in winter months. When I questioned the Town board about this the 911 rules were quoted. And they will not even consider leveling a fee to the home owners. And you can be sure everyone of them on that road can afford this
View Quote

Nope, there's 4 houses on the road. It's basically a big main shared driveway. It's a Lane and it's named, but it's private and we are responsible for all maintainence. One of my neighbors wanted to have it re-paved a couple years ago and the lowest quote he got was $60K. The rest of us said bascially, FOAD. Let it turn to gravel for all we care. It's about 25 years old, and still in great shape as far as I'm concerned. No pot-holes, just some cracking and a weed or two growing up. Our street sign is old and faded and barely readable. Nobody on the street wants to fork over the $ for a new one.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:01:05 PM EST
no, no, no!
I though this was going to be one of those multi-page threads with weird replies.

"Why Is there pie upside down under the refrigerator".
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:05:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By gatkeper:
View Quote

We've quite a few roads up here that have residents year round, getting to some of them can be a feat in itself! All of our Ambulances are four wheel drive and this time of year you've got to have it in many places.

Local joke: "Know why you can't get a blow-job in New Jersey this time of year?
'cuz all the cock-suckers are snowmobiling on Tug Hill."
Top Top