Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/28/2005 6:33:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2005 6:34:14 AM EDT by retdet]
well it has finally happened, our daughter who is now 20 has moved out of our house. she had been talking about it for a while. this past week she was offered a good job making great bucks and she had to take it. so friday morning we started moving her and finished friday evening.

this girl is the center of my life, she has been my shooting partner since she was about 8 or 10. she made a mojority of the gun shows with dad. she loves the black rifles.

this morning when i got up i walked past her bedroom and it was empty, and then the depression hit.

there is an upside to this though. tomorrow morning her bedroom begins the transformation into dads den / gunroom.

but i do miss my shooting partner......

here she is in her senior picture two years ago

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:41:20 AM EDT

That day is at least 11 years away for me, and I am already dreading it. The selfish side of me wants to hold on to both of my daughters forever, but I know the only way that they will succeed in life is to spread their wings. I just hope to create a bond that is strong enough that they will still want to visit home often.

It sounds like you have done a great job building that bond. Wishing you many homecoming visits. Now get busy on that man-room!!!!

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:09:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mywifehatesguns:

That day is at least 11 years away for me, and I am already dreading it. The selfish side of me wants to hold on to both of my daughters forever, but I know the only way that they will succeed in life is to spread their wings. I just hope to create a bond that is strong enough that they will still want to visit home often.

It sounds like you have done a great job building that bond. Wishing you many homecoming visits. Now get busy on that man-room!!!!

i told her thursday night that i know i had done things over the years that made her hate me, but i did them for a reason and that would become apparent to her very soon if not already.

it is hard to let one go but like you said, if you dont let them spread their wings they cannot succeed in life.

our bond is very strong......

thanks a lot......

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:10:21 AM EDT
i am now closer to my parents and appreciate them more than i ever did when i was 20

if you have a good relationship now, it will only get better

start thinking about the WEDDING

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:35:25 AM EDT
Shes a cutie retdet. Sounds like you did a good job raising her.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:32:54 AM EDT
I feel for ya retdet, I am anticipating the same dilemna in my life.

I'm working on a complex empty-nest prevention scheme with my daughter, as we speak.

I have been brainwashing her for several years, and the end result will hopefully be that she moves in just down the road from me, marries a big, strong, stupid young man that doesn't mind mowing his father in law's lawn and is satisfied never seeing his bride nekkid or touching her in any way other than an occasional hug.

She will also be encouraged to have many young, attractive friends who can come to dad's house for sleepovers.

I think I can pull it off.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:36:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JohnnyMcEldoo:

BTW, did you see Brian making googly eyes at your newly-independant daughter right there? Cutie? I know what he's thinkin!

Jeesh, these young single guys! Soon as your precious daughter flies the coop, there's some guy there looking at her like she's some juicy steak!!

If I were you, I'd put a GPS tracker on her, and monitor her movements closely in the coming months. Can't be too safe, ya know.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:05:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By diabolical_chicken:
i am now closer to my parents and appreciate them more than i ever did when i was 20

if you have a good relationship now, it will only get better

start thinking about the WEDDING

we are already very close and have few secrets from each other.

thanks chick.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:07:09 AM EDT

brian:

yes she is isnt she. i owe her mother for that i guess. she is the light of my life.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:11:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By swingset:
I feel for ya retdet, I am anticipating the same dilemna in my life.

I'm working on a complex empty-nest prevention scheme with my daughter, as we speak.

I have been brainwashing her for several years, and the end result will hopefully be that she moves in just down the road from me, marries a big, strong, stupid young man that doesn't mind mowing his father in law's lawn and is satisfied never seeing his bride nekkid or touching her in any way other than an occasional hug.

She will also be encouraged to have many young, attractive friends who can come to dad's house for sleepovers.

I think I can pull it off.

swingset:

i have heard that before and it does not bother me at all. she can take care of herself i am not worried about that.

i have known this day was coming for many years and the closer it got the more i tried to prepare myself. i like to think that i have the ability to do just that. i have had a lot of expierence with that sort of thing, this year alone.

i just tried to give her the best life i could while she was here at home.....

brian is okay.

you and i dont know why have the ability to make me laugh.......

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:30:02 PM EDT
Dude, you know what they say, if you love something you must set it free. She has a good foundation and that is the best leg up in life you can give.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:26:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By swingset:

BTW, did you see Brian making googly eyes at your newly-independant daughter right there? Cutie? I know what he's thinkin!

Was not!

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:13:08 AM EDT
dont sweat it brian. she was at a gun show with me up at roberts late last year and it took us forever to get through the damn thing. all of the young guys trying to talk to her.........

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:14:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NoHarmNoFAL-01:
Dude, you know what they say, if you love something you must set it free. She has a good foundation and that is the best leg up in life you can give.

thinks fal.

i tried to prepare her for life. i guess we will see.........

thanks

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:02:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:56:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Slash:

Shes a cutie retdet.

+1

thanks slash

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:15:31 PM EDT
You guys are coming to the labor day shoot at millers for a little bit arent you? You alone should stop buy at least since your so close. I promise we're not crazy....except for swingset maybe
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:28:07 PM EDT
i might be able to make it sunday afternoon if you guys are going to be out there.......

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:30:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By retdet:
i might be able to make it sunday afternoon if you guys are going to be out there.......

We'll be there. We usually shoot till 6-7pm with good weather.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:00:18 PM EDT
Best of luck to you and your daughter.

Mine is 22 and I keep telling her she needs to get the hell out so I can have my office/den! LOL
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:08:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 10:52:24 AM EDT by Pudwak]
I've got about 20+ years untill that day. (only if my wife ignores my request for only sons) I kinda know how you feel, my sister is at college in NC. She is moving into a house in the GHETTO. I would donate a gun, but guns and keggers don't mix. The last time I was down there some woodie was tryin' to sell me crack (he was really tryin' hard). If you raised your daughter right, she'll be just fine. She IS cute by the way (from a young married guy). Just remember that she has to bring THE ONE to you first, Which meens that you have time for a "hunting accident".
And I'm shure that this is not what brian was thinking (being the nice quality young man that he is, and probably a good son in law) Good luck. [That damn pharoh never works.
(Edited to add 8 drinks to the above post)
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:51:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2005 8:52:34 PM EDT by JohnnyMcEldoo]

You guys are coming to the labor day shoot at millers for a little bit arent you? You alone should stop buy at least since your so close. I promise we're not crazy....except for swingset maybe....and pudwack too

Dont drink and post pudsy
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:38:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Red-Leg:
Best of luck to you and your daughter.

Mine is 22 and I keep telling her she needs to get the hell out so I can have my office/den! LOL

thanks red leg.......

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:48:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Pudwak:
I've got about 20+ years untill that day. (only if my wife ignores my request for only sons) I kinda know how you feel, my sister is at college in NC. She is moving into a house in the GHETTO. I would donate a gun, but guns and keggers don't mix. The last time I was down there some woodie was tryin' to sell me crack (he was really tryin' hard). If you raised your daughter right, she'll be just fine. She IS cute by the way (from a young married guy). Just remember that she has to bring THE ONE to you first, Which meens that you have time for a "hunting accident".
And I'm shure that this is not what brian was thinking (being the nice quality young man that he is, and probably a good son in law) Good luck. [That damn pharoh never works.

thanks pudwak

your right guns and keggers dont work.

she has a boyfriend and we have jad the talk already. i told him that if her laid a hand on her in anger that i would not touch him but he will suffer more than any human being could ever imagine. he is a hard worker.

brian is okay....

her job keeps drug away from her life.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:35:38 PM EDT
I feel your pain,I just moved my daughter off to college last weekend. One of the hardest things I ever had to do.No matter how long you get ready for the day they leave home,it's never easy. If you are like me I am having a hard time with it,but life goes on.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:24:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 6:24:52 PM EDT by retdet]

Originally Posted By jfh1959:
I feel your pain,I just moved my daughter off to college last weekend. One of the hardest things I ever had to do.No matter how long you get ready for the day they leave home,it's never easy. If you are like me I am having a hard time with it,but life goes on.

jfh959:

thanks a lot. i tried to prepare myself for the day and thought i had succeeded but alas i was wrong. it is getting better now.

watch for future man room thread.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:54:57 PM EDT
You have to love with "an open hand." Can't hold on forever.

Be willing to let her go out in life and strike out on her own.

You have given her love, affection, the knowledge of right and wrong--what more could she want?

Lemme put it to you in aerospace terms, (like the Space Shuttle): you and her mother have been the big "booster" tank which she "launches" into life with. Somewhere along the "mission" you two gotta "drop off" and that beautiful bird soars still higher on her "mission." That beautiful creature has all of its "computer programming" from her parents and SOARS! True beauty!

LOVE--Pass it on!

---Woody---
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top